Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

All eggs in one basket?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Always best to employ in the long run. We have never regretted it even tho wev had our share of ropey employees you just get rid and get a fresh one , The train then keeps on rolling whereas you stay on your lonesome you risk a lot not least burnout . just our opinion 
28 years window cleaning and im 50 in october.....this job is easy these days working 5 or 6 hours per day....no chance of burnout and i dont have to climb ladders 100 times a day or spend 4 hours a week collecting anymore!

Haven't got time to read through all replies on here but here is my contribution.

1. You need to work all weather's, including rain. WFP is fine for rain work, just use your common sense, if it's a gale and rain well that's just plain miserable to work in, thunder and lightning, again stupid, but plain old rain? No worries. Go out and carry on. 

2. I wouldn't go down the sub contact route. You say you have experience with business before, so you will be very familiar with hiding employment through sub contracting. To a large degree it's if you get caught for investigation, it's down to the interpretation of the inspector doing the work to establish if you technically were employing someone even though they are sub-contracting. You can't give them a working hours requirement, supply them with any equipment,  and they need to have a large part of their income coming from other direct customers of theirs to be safe .

3. Sell the surplus goodwill, and double your prices.

I have done it before, worked my backside off. Trust me it's ok for a while, but you will resent the job and burn out. Now I work 3-4 days a week and I am.very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The North East is the coolest place ro livein the world ?  ?  
I love it up north. I`m originally from Burnley moved down to Dorset way back in the summer of 1986 but still have my best friend and some family up there so I visit when I can. Always have a lovely time up there. People seem so friendly and also had some pretty wild nights up there on the sauce??

Latest Posts

Back