Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/resin-calculator.html

There is literally no mathematical equation that could work that out. If a window has some dried on bird strikes you will use more, would depend if you were using a univalve/tap or allowing water to run between windows... My head hurts even thinking about it. I doubt even @spruce could answer that one. The above link will allow you to work out how much pure water you can make based on your TDS, roughly of course.
Let’s say for arguments sake they use a univalve and one every 20 windows has birds muck on the windows. 

I wouldn't like to fill up anywhere round here.....my tap TDS is around 90 but at least a couple of areas around 2 miles from here are 270+ as I found out to my resins cost one day about a month ago.....thought I'd top up at wife's workmates house that I do knowing she wouldn't mine......it was reading 1 when I filled up the night before at home so resin was just starting to turn.....filled up at her house at dinnertime and water in tank was 23.

I cleaned rest of day at 25 and tbh had no spotting at all...it was quite a sunny day but paranoid checks by me at every other house or so showed nothing.

So I'm producing water at around 5 - 6ppm after RO & have just moved across to a 21" refillable DI cartridge that fits a champ housing (it fits into my system better than existing set up)

As I use so little resin I was buying pre-filled cartridges so unsure as to what resin was in it!!! This new option saves me money so why not! What resin do you lot think I should get to fill the cartridge please? And do I have to compact it into the cartridge? Cheers lads ;)
I've now come to the conclusion it doesn't matter too much what resin you use if using any of the name brands. I still get 6 weeks out of a 25litre bag regardless of the make of resin and I've used most and they all produce the same results. I've gone down the route of using the cheapest named brand which is usually Unger saves me some money over the year when I buy a bag every 6 weeks. 

I've now come to the conclusion it doesn't matter too much what resin you use if using any of the name brands. I still get 6 weeks out of a 25litre bag regardless of the make of resin and I've used most and they all produce the same results. I've gone down the route of using the cheapest named brand which is usually Unger saves me some money over the year when I buy a bag every 6 weeks. 
I've found that Unger does the job but doesn't last as long as Tulsion 115. There are issues with the quality of some resin from certain suppliers. There have been reports of resin beads breaking pumps. Theres a lot more to it than price dude.

I've found that Unger does the job but doesn't last as long as Tulsion 115. There are issues with the quality of some resin from certain suppliers. There have been reports of resin beads breaking pumps. Theres a lot more to it than price dude.
Been doing it nearly 9 years now I don't notice any difference between them and they don't last any longer in my experience. Use anything from 400-550 litres a day. Never had an issue with beads of resin getting into the pump as i use a strainer like most. I've just come to the conclusion that they all do the same job and last the same amount of time before I have to replace so I've gone down the route of sticking to Unger as it's the cheapest named brand. If u can save nearly 20 on a bag of resin it's an awful lot of money over the year if you have to replace them every 6 weeks like me. But this is just my opinion. But I've just noticed Unger has gone up from £70 delivered to £90 now so will have to have a good look around when I order some next. 

And agreed there is some cheap resin around that's why i only use named brands but like I said I've not noticed any major difference to make me stick to the so called best "tulsion" they all produce pure water and last on average 6 weeks for me. So if I can save myself £10-20 each time then I'm happy to stick with the cheapest named brand I can find. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back