Best resin

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Matty H, Dec 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

So I'm producing water at around 5 - 6ppm after RO & have just moved across to a 21" refillable DI cartridge that fits a champ housing (it fits into my system better than existing set up)
    As I use so little resin I was buying pre-filled cartridges so unsure as to what resin was in it!!! This new option saves me money so why not! What resin do you lot think I should get to fill the cartridge please? And do I have to compact it into the cartridge? Cheers lads ;)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Tulsion mb 115 works well for me :thumbsup:

3. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

4. Old_Squeegee

Old_Squeegee Guest

Me too, Tulsion MB 115 :thumbsup:
    Have also tried Cedelite and Unger premium but they cost more :thumbsdown:

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Tulsion here. Anyone tried Purolite?

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I'll give Doug a ring & get some Tulsion then. Do I have to pack it down into the cartridge?

7. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I would get as much in as you can mate. when the water runs through it it tends to settle in the cannister

8. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Ok jimmy boots cheers mate

9. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Also, it's a 4ltr capacity cartridge. So a 25kg bag should give roughly how many refills?

10. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I have Tuftster but it was some time ago. In fact I started with Purolite over ten years ago (MB400 I think it is) if it's the same now as it was back then..... it's not too good. I changed from that to Dowex MB50 which blew it out of the weeds. The problem with Purolite (apart from it not lasting as long) was it's tendency to go off like a rocket as soon as the TDS started to rise- not good in a twin DI system. Dowex lasted longer & held a lower TDS for far longer once it started to go off. Then I tried Tulsion MB115 & found it to be slightly better then Dowex. I stuck with Tulsion for years but over the last 18/24 months I've had some very dodgy bags of Tulsion. Earlier this year I tried various different resins again, Unger, Indion & another one I can't remember off hand. All were not up to much to be honest & so I went back to Tulsion MB115 in the hope it had "stabilized in the mean time. The last couple of bags have been ok to be honest but even the dodgy ones were no worse than the competition anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement