Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Windowcleaner88

Hi, I’m looking for some advise please.

I’ve now been window cleaning for two years and have built up a good size round that keeps me working full time I work alone and have a van mounted system but I worry that if my van is ever out of action or I am unable to work myself that I have nothing in place to secure my business so my questions are

Do you think I should have a second van with a system on stand by ?

Maybe get a static RO system and a backpack but I’d still need a second vehicle?

Should I be looking at employing someone ?

What do or would you all do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi it’s a lot of expense to have a second van just sitting in case my route would be to hire one if this happened they come with a system or just hire a plain van and buy a trolley or backpack .Can you fit a static system at home somewhere that could be useful

Backpack ,DI resin vessel & some 25 ltr water containers. Then just use your car for a couple of days until your vans back on the road.

Hi it’s a lot of expense to have a second van just sitting in case my route would be to hire one if this happened they come with a system or just hire a plain van and buy a trolley or backpack .Can you fit a static system at home somewhere that could be useful
I have room to put one in my garage, pure freedom sells one for around £1000 without a fast pump

I have room to put one in my garage, pure freedom sells one for around £1000 without a fast pump
If you currently have an RO mounted in your van you could get an IBC and move your RO into your garage. That has the benefit of less weight in the van but also if your van has to go in for repairs you have pure ready to go. Then you just need to hire a van, throw some barrels in, fill with pure and use a backpack and trolley.
The downside is that you have to transfer the pure to the van each day!

Hi, I’m looking for some advise please.

I’ve now been window cleaning for two years and have built up a good size round that keeps me working full time I work alone and have a van mounted system but I worry that if my van is ever out of action or I am unable to work myself that I have nothing in place to secure my business so my questions are

Do you think I should have a second van with a system on stand by ?

Maybe get a static RO system and a backpack but I’d still need a second vehicle?

Should I be looking at employing someone ?

What do or would you all do?

Thanks in advance.
A lot of things can happen in this world! We cant prep for it all. 99% of our worries never happens .I have heard of faulty vehicles , but in my 23yrs of cleaning never heard of anybody losing their business because they needed a few days to find a solution to an issue.
Crack on!

...............and buy a used, cleaned out IBC tank that has been used for alcohol etc, (not oil etc) for between £50 and £80 plus VAT and plus delivery. It should have a metal cage around it.
You may have to cut a flap in the tank to fit a submersible pump, but it's easily sealed afterwards.

Something else to consider doing.
Let’s say your van is out for action for a month. What basic income would you need in that time? So, not going out for dinner or other luxuries. Like others said, there are always options, like getting a hire van and a trolly with barrels. You may not get all your work done, but as long as you can get enough to cover your minimum outgoings, you’ll be fine.

If you currently have an RO mounted in your van you could get an IBC and move your RO into your garage. That has the benefit of less weight in the van but also if your van has to go in for repairs you have pure ready to go. Then you just need to hire a van, throw some barrels in, fill with pure and use a backpack and trolley.
The downside is that you have to transfer the pure to the van each day!
That’s a good suggestion I think I’ll look into this.

Latest Posts

Back