Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling a business

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Billy Brebner

I am looking to retire in the next couple of years, my round is well established with around 380 regular customers on an average of 4 to 6 week rotation, obviously I have some 8 and 10 weekers and a few adhocs, I also have a few commercial and nhs practices which are a good regular income. My average yearly turnover is £46,000. I will wish to sell as a going concern,and sell the van (full RO system fitted with a 650 litre tank , poles, brushes backpack, trad kit would go with the equipment (all gardiner). The is in the southampton area. What would I look at selling the business £?
1. As a full concern
2. As a separate business and van

Thx

I
Decent quality well established work is worth a lot more than 3x monthly.
i agree but the old adage something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , ime in the process of selling a load of very compact work hundreds of houses with in half a mile on estates and getting 4 x the monthly price as not many are interested in buying it as it’s so easy to pick up work here , a friend of mine started window cleaning 2 months ago already he has 3 days a week regular work on a monthly cycle, might be different in other parts of the country .

I

i agree but the old adage something is only worth what someone is willing to pay , ime in the process of selling a load of very compact work hundreds of houses with in half a mile on estates and getting 4 x the monthly price as not many are interested in buying it as it’s so easy to pick up work here , a friend of mine started window cleaning 2 months ago already he has 3 days a week regular work on a monthly cycle, might be different in other parts of the country .

I’m surprised yours is priced so low especially with your prices.

A decent canvasser wants 3x now.
I haven’t sold work for years but it fetches x6 round here

Decent quality well established work is worth a lot more than 3x monthly.

Have a look on the selling page on here and youl find when work goes up its not usually sold quickly. That tells you all you need to know.

Best way to get what you want for it is letting someone pay it up. I've done it this way and it's always worked well. The amount needs to be affordable for the person to pay though without it putting pressure on them, If that happens then the problems start.

I've accepted £50 a week before and although it toom ages and ages to be cleared, I got what I wanted for it. Put the money away weekly and itl be the same amount of money in the end.

No one should be selling there work because they need instant money, and usually thats not the case, so the paying up option is a good alternative imo

I’m surprised yours is priced so low especially with your prices.

A decent canvasser wants 3x now.
I haven’t sold work for years but it fetches x6 round here
Yes I agree but it’s all due to the fact that work is so easy to pick up around here people don’t want to buy it , they would struggle get it as compact as we have but it’s still relatively easy to get several houses in one road

Have a look on the selling page on here and youl find when work goes up its not usually sold quickly. That tells you all you need to know.

Best way to get what you want for it is letting someone pay it up. I've done it this way and it's always worked well. The amount needs to be affordable for the person to pay though without it putting pressure on them, If that happens then the problems start.

I've accepted £50 a week before and although it toom ages and ages to be cleared, I got what I wanted for it. Put the money away weekly and itl be the same amount of money in the end.

No one should be selling there work because they need instant money, and usually thats not the case, so the paying up option is a good alternative imo
The work I advertised on here for a friend sold for 4 x the monthly price but that was near Plymouth so more interest in it
Letting people have work and paying so much a month is a recipe for disaster I know several that have been ripped off and never been paid the full amount , you wouldn’t go into a shop and only pay for part of your shopping why would you let someone do the same with buying work either they get a loan or pay in full before handover or they don’t have it I personally wouldn’t have the cheek to ask someone to let me have work on that basis .

The work I advertised on here for a friend sold for 4 x the monthly price but that was near Plymouth so more interest in it
Letting people have work and paying so much a month is a recipe for disaster I know several that have been ripped off and never been paid the full amount , you wouldn’t go into a shop and only pay for part of your shopping why would you let someone do the same with buying work either they get a loan or pay in full before handover or they don’t have it I personally wouldn’t have the cheek to ask someone to let me have work on that basis .

Yours might have but if you have a look at the selling part for rounds then it seems more often than not it isn't the case.

I've let 3 different people pay me up and I've always been paid the full amount of money. I've always kept it to something they could comfortably afford though each week. Always told them if the weather's been bad etc and it's a case of paying your rent or me then pay your rent, what I won't tolerate though is if they start to ignore my call if they haven't the money because of weather etc. Start that pish and il pull them out the house. I'm a pretty reasonable person and totally understand sometimes because of things outside there control like weather, an unexpected bill, sickness might mean there's not enough for me the odd time if it ever happens. With that in mind il also tell them if they rip the **** il pull them out there house. Just so we all know where we stand

Yours might have but if you have a look at the selling part for rounds then it seems more often than not it isn't the case.

I've let 3 different people pay me up and I've always been paid the full amount of money. I've always kept it to something they could comfortably afford though each week. Always told them if the weather's been bad etc and it's a case of paying your rent or me then pay your rent, what I won't tolerate though is if they start to ignore my call if they haven't the money because of weather etc. Start that pish and il pull them out the house. I'm a pretty reasonable person and totally understand sometimes because of things outside there control like weather, an unexpected bill, sickness might mean there's not enough for me the odd time if it ever happens. With that in mind il also tell them if they rip the **** il pull them out there house. Just so we all know where we stand
Problem is with that you could end up in court for for assault or and several other charges you are the victim being ripped off and end up being the aggressor , all far to much hassle pay up front or don’t have the work simple as that as far as ime concerned

Many years ago when I had nowt, I did this when buying some work but we both knew each other very well as we lived in the same village for most of our lives and his nephew was my best mate growing up.

But with a complete stranger, not a chance!!

Your probably better selling your round in smaller chunks.never ever sell it without getting paid in full first.its up to them to pay by whatever means(a loan for example).

Good luck

Latest Posts

Back