Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business value

WCF

Help Support WCF:

In reply

Ok some facts . £40.00 an hour plus as achievable if your a grafter , (The last national window cleaning figures I came across were £1.40 per window) and I have used £1.10 per window.
Window cleaning is a minimum wage job at say £15.00 employed (true cost) £18.00 self employed, Runnig costs £100 per week. 7 working hour day £280 so £1,400 a week Total cost employed £700.00 plus running cost leaving a profit of £700.00 . Now we have a profit of 50%, Staffed up so little fall out. To build up a round like this would take 5 to 10 years in most areas but we will use 5 years.
Year 1 £100 a week year 2 £200 3 £400 Year 4 600.00 Year 5 £800.00 In year one alone you are £65,000 down surly the round is cheap at £100,00.00 as an example. What counts is what you make and building a good solid well paying round takes many years and staffed work will have little fall out if you keep things the same. Second morgage your house and pay 15 k back a year over 10 years , If your smart use your year 1 profits to pay half off.
Sorry about the delay in replying but I've been travelling around cleaning my countrywide contractual work. Ok, what about this scenario which is probably as likely as your very easy, basic, business model.

The 2 current workers have been offered the business and want to buy it but can't raise the capital to do so, they have however learned that the owner is making as much as they do without much work. The new owner, who has had to employ the 2 current workers under TUPE, meets them and the first thing they do is ask for a substantial pay rise. When the new owner says no, as this would make his business plan worthless, they immediately hand in their notice and go on the sick.
The 2 workers then contact the businesses, I very much doubt they'll have anything in their contracts of employment, if they even have one, that stops them doing this, that they've been cleaning and say they have left and will be setting up their own business and will quote when the current contract expires.
The new owner now has to find 2 new workers to continue fulfilling the contracts but struggles and misses a few washes, affecting his ability to pay his loan back. Also the current customers now think he is unreliable, cancel their contracts and place the business elsewhere. What is the business worth then and where is his business plan that he's used to raise the capital.

Now I am not saying the above will happen but there is a likelihood it might because as I said earlier if business was as easy as you are trying to portray we'd all be millionaires.

Latest Posts

Back