Best Way To Gain Work? (Non Window Cleaning)

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by JBC88, Aug 6, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Hi all im considering buying a gutter vac and good pressure washer but dont wanna buy them and not gain much work for them.its a huge outlay..whats the most cost effective andvsuccessful way to gain customers for this kind of work? I already list these services on my tickets i post when iv cleaned windows but havnt had much response from existing customers.

Advertisement
  2. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

Iv seen a sign near a tesco advertising gutter vacs from £35 per 3 bed house might be worth a try. If you can ask a local business near a main through road that fills with traffic during rush hour and offer a few quid for the sign to go up. A graphics place will only charge you £20-£50 for a sign

3. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

i put an offer on facebook when i first started doing gutter cleans off ladders, wasnt earning a great deal at first but i was still earning i took my time and made sure i did a good job within 6 month i had a gutter vac and was getting regular work and people was ringing me through recomendations, i designed a little flyer that i posted on the selling pages it was on the lines of gutter and fascia cleaning special offer front and back

terrace £25 normally £45
    semi -detached £35 Normally £55
    Detached £50 normally £75

or something like that cant remeber exact prices but it worked ok and it got my name about also i usually picked up the odd window clean aswell

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Facebook, website and flyers

5. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Agree facebook get lots of work from it!

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=10.5pt]I just built myself a website & got all my work through that to start with. Then came the recommendation and repeat business. Still get new enquires most day's from the site too especially when it rains. :Image13:[/SIZE]

7. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Cool thanks guys does it cost to advertise the wayyou do with facebook if so how much? Smurf what did you use to make website and how much does it cost to run?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I bought just a domain name from lcn https://www.lcn.com/ then set up a http://www.000webhost.com/ account so get free web hosting.

All I pay for is domain name renual every 2 year which is about £7... that's it.

You can either use one of their templates and wisiwig editors to build a website or upload one built by whatever web suite you prefer to use that is compatible with the hosting account.

9. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Wow thats well cheap mind if i take a look at your website?

10. jimbob

jimbob Well-Known Member

facebook is free you just join the local selling sites and put posts on there

Advertisement