Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biocide on roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Got a roof to clean but the fact it is next to a school and just a little alleyway I couldn’t even get a scaffold near it
Lots of moss on there
Anyone had any luck with just biocide and no scraping?
Looking for ideas
Always scraped in the past
Cost isn’t an issue so happy to spray bio at low dilution to get it done
Anyone?

Got a roof to clean but the fact it is next to a school and just a little alleyway I couldn’t even get a scaffold near it
Lots of moss on there
Anyone had any luck with just biocide and no scraping?
Looking for ideas
Always scraped in the past
Cost isn’t an issue so happy to spray bio at low dilution to get it done
Anyone?
Scottish was the man for doing this ????

Here's something to contemplate, apparently illegal so no you can't ?

Here's something to contemplate, apparently illegal so no you can't ?

Not going to argue about the legalities but yes it will kill it no problem at all but it can’t be sold for that purpose. Personally don see a problem as many home owners buy moss killers and do there own drives , tennis courts etc

Not going to argue about the legalities but yes it will kill it no problem at all but it can’t be sold for that purpose. Personally don see a problem as many home owners buy moss killers and do there own drives , tennis courts etc
You don't see a problem when it's illegal?? Yet you ridicule people on here that advise things that's illegal.
The fact homeowners do it doesn't justify a professional person doing it

I don’t understand if it’s illegal to use for that purpose or just to sell for that purpose or you need pesticide certification to use it etc
No straight answers
Same as their advice on using hypo

You don't see a problem when it's illegal?? Yet you ridicule people on here that advise things that's illegal.
The fact homeowners do it doesn't justify a professional person doing it
No I said the home owner can do there own drives so the stuff can still be bought and used and it will do the job the legalities are a different matter . I do my own house as the home owner not a business and that’s ok , I just shouldn’t do it as a business transaction

The legality could be something to do with it's use. i.e. if it's used as a herbicide then you need pa1 & pa2 licence I believe. If you are using not using it as a herbicide then you are fine.
Plus it's legal for a home owner to spray their garden with weedkiller but a person getting paid to do it needs a licence!

The legality could be something to do with it's use. i.e. if it's used as a herbicide then you need pa1 & pa2 licence I believe. If you are using not using it as a herbicide then you are fine.
Plus it's legal for a home owner to spray their garden with weedkiller but a person getting paid to do it needs a licence!
I did have pa 1 and thought it was pa6 ?.. years ago but didn’t bother renewing it complete waist of money we generally don’t spray week killers so didn’t really need it .

I did have pa 1 and thought it was pa6 ?.. years ago but didn’t bother renewing it complete waist of money we generally don’t spray week killers so didn’t really need it .
You are probably right re pa1/pa6 I can never remember as I'm not intending using weedkiller professionally :)

Latest Posts

Back