Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blocked hosepipe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's a very straightforward however depending on the chaps knowledge familiarisation with the equipment it may be a mine field of issues 

Tank - Pump controller - Pump - hosereel - brush 

The OPs wording also makes me think his hosereel is his worry but from experience it's most likely basic plumbing at fault 
From tank to pump(as I'm a newbie) will be gravity fed. If you getting nothing at pump, there's your problem. If after pump we are talking air lock. So go back to hose after pump. If getting water, we are then talking blockage in hose reel. 

It's a very straightforward however depending on the chaps knowledge familiarisation with the equipment it may be a mine field of issues 

The OPs wording also makes me think his hosereel is his worry but from experience it's most likely basic plumbing at fault 
Yep suppose I'm pretty lucky  having plumbing background 

If isolation valve from tank is off. He'll be gutted,  always start from nearest to tank. Bypass filter if need be. Make sure water is hitting pump.

If isolation valve from tank is off. He'll be gutted,  always start from nearest to tank. Bypass filter if need be. Make sure water is hitting pump.
I personally think if he has worked it out we won't see him for dust.

He joined on Saturday posted his dilemma and awaits our technical support and has massive gaps between correspondence 

That's my opinion from seeing previous posts from others 

He joined on Saturday posted his dilemma and awaits our technical support and has massive gaps between correspondence 

There are gaps between messages because  I’m still working but just with one pump. 
I appreciate all the advice and intend to be here for a while, hopefully passing on any knowledge I get to others in the future. It’s just difficult when you are just starting up and have inherited equipment that isn’t in the best condition 

View attachment 64001679579__05B4ED76-7BD1-420E-B7B3-413A6146AF6D.MOV

There are gaps between messages because  I’m still working but just with one pump. 
I appreciate all the advice and intend to be here for a while, hopefully passing on any knowledge I get to others in the future. It’s just difficult when you are just starting up and have inherited equipment that isn’t in the best condition 

View attachment 24194
Mate I feel for you. "Inherited" OMG it looks awful and no fault of your own

With respect it all needs stripping down, cleaned rewired and serviced

The wiring is an absolute mess the pump strainer looks green and possibly a diaphragm failure by the sound of it.

Look if I can offer you any help remotely I will

Kind regards Austin 

If he has any respect as a newbie he will ,quote anything he has found from learning  from others. 

Just now, Apw1210 said:

This best illustrates the basis and a great guide for fault prognosis as it breaks down the component parts of a system 

As I said previously, break down in sections. Though some plumbing experience helps 

View attachment 24194
It's connected up correctly.

If the pump has been left dry then the non-return valve inside the pump head could have stuck on its seat.

I would remove the inlet filter and screw a tap connector onto the thread. I would then connect that to your main tap and open the tap a little. Even connecting the other pump up to it will work. That pressure should be enough to unseat a stuck non-return valve.

There’s a tap on the outlet of the tank on the video. Hope that’s on but why 3 pumps and 3 controllers??? Is it a 3 man set up??

View attachment 24194
Any luck in getting your system operating correctly??

Eventually yes. No it’s a two man set up with a spare pump in case there is ever a problem with the other two.

The lad I am hiring the round from (and van) has agreed to get Frankenstein rewired and made a lot more easy on the eye which should make the pumps more easy to suss out. 

thanks for all the advice up to now everyone 

Liam 

Eventually yes. No it’s a two man set up with a spare pump in case there is ever a problem with the other two.

The lad I am hiring the round from (and van) has agreed to get Frankenstein rewired and made a lot more easy on the eye which should make the pumps more easy to suss out. 

Liam 
So what was the eventual problem? mate

Liam 
I'd politely ask him for a better van and system Liam.

With the upmost respect to yourself and the fact you had to take to the forum is a poor reflection on the quality of vehicle you've been provided with.

Your paying a fee to hire that.... He should be paying you to drive it more like 

Latest Posts

Back