Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Boiler breakdown

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Any update on this?as I've got the same grippatank boiler...nearly 2 and a half years and its still working great used day in/day out but one day it will breakdown.....I dont know who to contact when it does to replace the burner,etc......

Any update on this?as I've got the same grippatank boiler...nearly 2 and a half years and its still working great used day in/day out but one day it will breakdown.....I dont know who to contact when it does to replace the burner,etc......
Yes as I thought it needs a pin, screen ,and burner , I haven’t seen it but the guy doing the job said it’s knackered but it has done over 15000 hours run time according to the computer data and is 6:5 years old , I said to him again about servicing ,he said if it’s running fine leave it alone , my set up is plumbed into the fuel return pipe the only fuel filter is in the pump he has taken that out whilst I was there and it was totally clean si again he said why service it ?. Some companies will service and replace the pin,screen,burner every year or every three years at a cost of £400-600 aprox why bother when mine has lasted 6:5 years I personally would Waite until it stops or maybe consider getting it done when it’s 5 years old , you don’t do many hours a week do you ?. It’s up to each individual what they choose to do but Ime happy with the time mine has lasted and the cost to repairs it is nothing compared with over 15000 hours run time with two operatives working and what they have earned .

The potential problem at the moment is getting bits as no ware is open  , he’s phoning round today to see if he can get the bits . 

Google  wabasto dealers near you they are fitted in boats ,campervans ,motor homes , trucks so Ime guessing there will be a dealer not far from you . 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back