Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bought a new backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

I left water in my backpacks and it froze so they gave up the ghost. I bought a new one from ebay called Blueman 20. It only has one power setting and I used it yesterday and I was very happy with the extra power from my old backpacks. On sale now for £116 if anyone is interested.

Just had a look, I'd be a little concerned that it only has a 4hr battery compared to Gardiner's 9hr battery. I'm assuming the max capacity is similar. The Gardiner one is £120 (ex vat) so similar price. The Blueman 20 does have a slightly more powerful pump but I've never needed to use the Gardiner one at full power anyway so shouldn't make much difference.
What do you think to the build quality compared to Gardiner's?

I left water in my backpacks and it froze so they gave up the ghost. I bought a new one from ebay called Blueman 20. It only has one power setting and I used it yesterday and I was very happy with the extra power from my old backpacks. On sale now for £116 if anyone is interested.
Bayersan say it has a variable pump controller. You say it's only got one power setting. ???

Might get one of these next time round if it goes on sale as ideally a battery upgrade is needed. it has viton seals.

Just had a look, I'd be a little concerned that it only has a 4hr battery compared to Gardiner's 9hr battery. I'm assuming the max capacity is similar. The Gardiner one is £120 (ex vat) so similar price. The Blueman 20 does have a slightly more powerful pump but I've never needed to use the Gardiner one at full power anyway so shouldn't make much difference.
What do you think to the build quality compared to Gardiner's?
I like the idea that it just has one power setting. I use 4 jets so its great for me and I only need it for 2 jobs a month. If you buy 4 then a ton each, good for some windies to chip together and buy them and split them up. I am thinking of just buying a new backpack when I need it and throw it away when broke because it takes up too much of my time now trying to repair them.

I've decide to bin my broken old backpacks because of ice in them. I can buy the blue one for less than a ton and save me time trying to fix them. When I was quiet I would tinker away at things to get them going but a bit busy now so cheaper buying new with warranty.

I use a Viton pump (20lpm Everflow) with my old pressure washing hose and 25l barrels or my pressure washer and xjet to softwash
Much quicker and easier than slow heavy backpack

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back