Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bought myself a new brush....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Skywalker

I admit I love buying a new brush, but probably because I still feel I haven’t found the perfect one for me yet.... or have I????

I have been using the gardiner super lite medium mixed, but although it’s called super lite, it’s actually bloody heavy, which is a shame because apart from that for everyday use it’s perfect, it’s just rinsing off the glass with it after a full day it feels like I have a shark hanging off the end of it! (I use an SLX 18 most of the day)

I use the gardiner ultimate medium for my first cleans and it’s great, scrubs well and is very light, the only niggle with this one is the bristle are shorter, which obviously keep the weight down, but I find it hard to get in to some corners of frames because of this.

I use a flocked super lite for leads which works great, and a universal for gutters, but today my new brush arrived and I put it to the test, it’s the gardiner supreme medium with DuPont bristles, it’s much much lighter than the so called super lite, it has a small stock so not as much banging into frames, but it has lovely long bristles that get into the corners, I used it all day and as crazy as it sounds I think I actually worked quicker!!  Rinsing was easier with the less weight, especially those awkward windows above the conservatories, and it cleaned everything up lovely.  

Still need a bit more time with it but we’ll pleased so far, of course there is a very slight niggle, I noticed with the DuPont bristles that little bits stick to them easier, which is good for removing deposits I suppose but not sure if they will transfer to the next window and so on, only time will tell, but this seems to be the brush for me... for now ?

I bought the gardiner new lightweight sill brushes,love the weight, but the bristles are too short,as if window has deep frame,brush bangs on outer frame also the edges get caught inside window channels that window slide up n down. Almost my favourite brush,long bristle version would be great, i have said to gardiners my concerns n likes regarding the brush.

I bought the gardiner new lightweight sill brushes,love the weight, but the bristles are too short,as if window has deep frame,brush bangs on outer frame also the edges get caught inside window channels that window slide up n down. Almost my favourite brush,long bristle version would be great, i have said to gardiners my concerns n likes regarding the brush.
I binned mine off after 3 weeks for them reasons, bristles just a bit too short for my liking but apart from that it’s a cracking brush. 

I admit I love buying a new brush, but probably because I still feel I haven’t found the perfect one for me yet.... or have I????

I have been using the gardiner super lite medium mixed, but although it’s called super lite, it’s actually bloody heavy, which is a shame because apart from that for everyday use it’s perfect, it’s just rinsing off the glass with it after a full day it feels like I have a shark hanging off the end of it! (I use an SLX 18 most of the day)

I use the gardiner ultimate medium for my first cleans and it’s great, scrubs well and is very light, the only niggle with this one is the bristle are shorter, which obviously keep the weight down, but I find it hard to get in to some corners of frames because of this.

I use a flocked super lite for leads which works great, and a universal for gutters, but today my new brush arrived and I put it to the test, it’s the gardiner supreme medium with DuPont bristles, it’s much much lighter than the so called super lite, it has a small stock so not as much banging into frames, but it has lovely long bristles that get into the corners, I used it all day and as crazy as it sounds I think I actually worked quicker!!  Rinsing was easier with the less weight, especially those awkward windows above the conservatories, and it cleaned everything up lovely.  

Still need a bit more time with it but we’ll pleased so far, of course there is a very slight niggle, I noticed with the DuPont bristles that little bits stick to them easier, which is good for removing deposits I suppose but not sure if they will transfer to the next window and so on, only time will tell, but this seems to be the brush for me... for now ?
Same here, tried loads of brushes but always end up back with the trusty supreme. I think it’s a great all rounder. If you could get one with those orange bristles on the bottom like the new extreme sill then that would be the perfect brush for me. 

Got a 35cm supreme at the moment, my first and only brush head. However, it seems starting to wear thin on one corner and I know it's come time to look into getting a new brush in the near future.

Given I'm using a Extreme 22ft I'd like to complement the low weight pole and get a super lite brush. Are they any good for general cleaning over a supreme? Hard for me to judge as if only had one brush period.

Got a 35cm supreme at the moment, my first and only brush head. However, it seems starting to wear thin on one corner and I know it's come time to look into getting a new brush in the near future.

Given I'm using a Extreme 22ft I'd like to complement the low weight pole and get a super lite brush. Are they any good for general cleaning over a supreme? Hard for me to judge as if only had one brush period.
A super lite is one of the heaviest brushes gardiners do is it not ? The ultimate is lighter then the extremes 

A super lite is one of the heaviest brushes gardiners do is it not ? The ultimate is lighter then the extremes 
That's my question given I've zero experience with anything but a ultimate. I'll likely just get another one of them but you'd expect with a name like "super lite" it would be errrr......... lightweight! 

stiff xtreme sill

stiff standard xtreme

stiff ultimate brush

these are the only 3 brushes i use now for all my work...the superlite is indeed a brick of a brush when your used to cleaning with ultimates and xtreme brushes

That's my question given I've zero experience with anything but a ultimate. I'll likely just get another one of them but you'd expect with a name like "super lite" it would be errrr......... lightweight! 
Yeah superlite was one of the original brushes then they got lighter with ultimates supremes and extremes. Extremes don’t last too long that’s their downfall

If you have lots of awkward windows to clean in a day over large extensions,connys,etc then you cant beat xtreme brushes....dont underestimate the overall less strain you put on yourself and your pole...its a massive difference in a 5 or 6 hour day.....

Latest Posts

Back