Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brush Replacement.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pxlkid

After some tips on when to replace a brush head? When do you tend to get a new brush, after a certain amount of usage or when certain signs of wear show?

I’d be surprised if this hasn’t been asked before but had a search and couldn’t find anything.

I don't replace mine as often as I'd like, although I think it's more often than some. I replace it about twice per year. What I find though is when I get a new one and compare to the old one, the difference is quite a lot. For a start the corners of the brush are nice and sharp 90 degree angles on a new brush, the old brush are round in the corners. The difference that makes when cleaning a window is very noticeable, on a rounded corner brush I'll be tilting the brush slightly to get right in the corners of the glass, a new brush you don't need to tilt as the brush is perfectly square on the corners so it fits in the corner of the window perfectly.

The other main difference is the amount of bristles. An old brush looks comparatively bare and the bristles that are left are battered. A new brush has loads more bristles. When you think that each of those bristles are doing the cleaning it makes you think how much harder you're working to clean with less bristles.

Whenever I get a new brush I always swear that I'll get a new one every month so it's pretty much perfect all the time... never happens though :LOL:

But yeah, I always think, the longer you leave changing for a new one, the harder you're having to work. Although working with an older brush teaches you different techniques which are very helpful and make you more adaptive, so it's not all bad.

That's a thread I started 18 months ago now, shows some photo's for comparison.

I don't replace mine as often as I'd like, although I think it's more often than some. I replace it about twice per year. What I find though is when I get a new one and compare to the old one, the difference is quite a lot. For a start the corners of the brush are nice and sharp 90 degree angles on a new brush, the old brush are round in the corners. The difference that makes when cleaning a window is very noticeable, on a rounded corner brush I'll be tilting the brush slightly to get right in the corners of the glass, a new brush you don't need to tilt as the brush is perfectly square on the corners so it fits in the corner of the window perfectly.

The other main difference is the amount of bristles. An old brush looks comparatively bare and the bristles that are left are battered. A new brush has loads more bristles. When you think that each of those bristles are doing the cleaning it makes you think how much harder you're working to clean with less bristles.

Whenever I get a new brush I always swear that I'll get a new one every month so it's pretty much perfect all the time... never happens though :LOL:

But yeah, I always think, the longer you leave changing for a new one, the harder you're having to work. Although working with an older brush teaches you different techniques which are very helpful and make you more adaptive, so it's not all bad.
Great insight thanks for sharing that ?

Usually find I’m replacing brushes twice a year wish they were everlasting but like most things will only last so long before need replacing which you have to to keep up the quality work

An Xtreme medium sill brush will last a good 6 months for me or thereabouts it's usually in the warmer months that insect :poop: is difficult to shift so at that point you know the bristle ends aren't up to the job anymore then I'll put a new brush on my 22ft pole and usually just swap around brushes on my other two poles

Latest Posts

Back