Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Snaped my slx today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

0bdaac7dc3822c2f1b79500a2f3d8089.jpg
32e0597d412d34dc45121e1effb927e9.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

it just went bang must be the heat pluss its worn badly  :1f61c:  

just ordered a xline evo pro + cant wate fancyed a change ill order a number 2 section for my slx when i do my brush order  :1f44c:

Snapped my SLX trying to turn on a sticky Gooseneck valve when the pole was fully extended. 

I was in need of a pole with a bit more reach so opted to replace it with an Xtreme 22. Bit pricey but very nice pole to use. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not good news.  I had the thought of my pole breaking today, when trying to push a window up with my 3 year old slx and im sure Ive got more carbon fibre on my hands than on my pole. 

my pole has bin hammerd  to be fair its bin droped on a dayley bases draged down the road buy a fista the list goes on im moire than happy with the slx pole its had a hard life , i thault ide try the xline ive allways wanted one so we will see how this one goes!!, lucky i had a old shaged clx in the van so my slx has a clx section in it just to tie me over ill replasce the broke section and use the pole as a indore trad pole with a wagtail on it for a few jobs i do reguler and it will be a back up pole for fucher 

Not good news.  I had the thought of my pole breaking today, when trying to push a window up with my 3 year old slx and im sure Ive got more carbon fibre on my hands than on my pole. 
Turn it round and push the window closed with the endcap

That's what i do if it feels stiff

Won't break that way and you get a lot more push

Turn it round and push the window closed with the endcap
That's what i do if it feels stiff
Won't break that way and you get a lot more push
Thats a good idea, as its most probably going to be first 2-3 sections that are going to break. As most wear n thinner.

Mind you, my pole would possibly still break when holding onto those parts at the bottom, probably shatter in my face n die:)) shame, no more window cleaning for me:)

Never had a problem

Open first couple of sections halfway

Extend the rest as normal

Push the window shut with the butt while holding the pole hose to the side of the pole

Back