Buying a Round

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MrShine, Jan 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MrShine

MrShine Guest

Hi there

Im new to window cleaning and havent seen any posts regarding this so thought Id ask. If you bought a round and everything was okay with the sale and the round what is stopping another window cleaner from pushing you from the round. Is there a a central registry that you could register your round with? Also people mention canvassing for new customers but if they already have a window cleaner I guess this would be a no no. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Best Wishes

Howard

Advertisement
  2. As with any business there is nothing stopping someone coming along poaching your customers. with canvassing if you gain a customer who already had a window cleaner and they sack there old window cleaner and hire you then the old cleaner wasn't offering a good enough level of customer service in the first place. If you provide quality, reliable window cleaning services your customers will stay loyal to you even if you are slightly more expensive than a compe***or. there is no central registry or anything of that nature its dog eat dog i'm afraid :)

3. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I bought a large part of an existing round in june 09, thats how i started, and yes, there is an element of risk involved for the reasons you have stated. All you can do is what has been already mentioned, offer a good service!. If your customers liked the previous window cleaner and were using him/her for a while, there shouldnt be any problems, so long as the window cleaner in question let them know what was happening. I got together with the guy i bought my work from and went round with him for 3 weeks introducing myself to the customers, and left a letter with those i didnt meet. I lost a few customers during the 1st 6 months or so, but since then my round has grown about 50%, mainly through word of mouth, as i never canvas, and i'm picking up more work all the time!.

Advertisement