Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional Tank Fitting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The other issue is how many of these body builders know about where to position the tank so as not to overload either axle?

When I was in the motor trade, I never came across the necessity to fit a wfp tank into a van. But we were very aware of the issue scaffolders had fitting an alloy flat body to a Mitsubishi Canter 7.5t chassis cab. They always overloaded the rear axle, even when the weight of their load was well within the payload of the vehicle. The motorway police regularly stopped scaffolders using these trucks as they were easy pickings. But body builders continued to fit the alloy flat bed body because the customer wanted the length.

Isuzu placed their rear axle slightly further back, so scaffolders using those flatbed trucks with the same body length didn't have the same problem.

I often wonder if I took my Peugeot Boxer van into a random body builder and asked to fit a 650 litre tank across the bulkhead, if they would just do it because that's what I ordered. How skilled are many of the workers these days? Do they even know anything about weight distribution and the formula on how to work it out? @Iron Giant

often wonder if I took my Peugeot Boxer van into a random body builder and asked to fit a 650 litre tank across the bulkhead, if they would just do it because that's what I ordered. How skilled are many of the workers these days? Do they even know anything about weight distribution and the formula on how to work it out? @Iron Giant
I'm with you on this, got to say though in the last few months of owning my combo I started wondering if having my 350ltr upright system across the bulkhead was the right thing,

Those daft speed bumps that almost cover each side of the road as some got resurfaced and increased in height I had to stop driving directly over them on the correct side of the road because the underside of my van started catching I had to drive in middle of the road to avoid this happening that wasn't always when I was fully loaded either.

Thanks mate, I thought I'd try a local firm out of convenience and not expecting it to be anymore expensive than Purefreedom for example.

There is a place up Newcastle that @Part Timer has used their lead times is November but they know what they are doing and confirmed that they always use spreader plates as spoke to them on the phone this morning and they said they can do anything I want there prices upon on enquiring the other week was £400 to 600 dependant on the tank size.
Hi sorry to jump on but who did @parttimer use in Newcastle I’m looking to get a tank fitted in my vehicle ,

KTD NE Ltd they are in Dunston
Thanks so much for replying! I’ve ordered a tank via window cleaning warehouse was going to get it fitted with these but there communication isn’t the best so want to try find somewhere local. Do you know anyone who’s used window cleaning warehouse ?

Thanks so much for replying! I’ve ordered a tank via window cleaning warehouse was going to get it fitted with these but there communication isn’t the best so want to try find somewhere local. Do you know anyone who’s used window cleaning warehouse ?
If you've already placed your order for their compact system expect it to turn up at any time between the 7-10 days lead time they give you, I ordered mine on the 24th of July and the truck driver came knocking at 9am the following Wednesday no advance notice at all thankfully I was at home.

I don't know anyone who has had a tank fitted by WCW all depends if you want a 4-5 hour round trip plus fitting time, I didn't so opted out of them fitting it, ask at your local garage, just don't mention how much wfp system installers charge, my local garage is going to charge me £90

If you've already placed your order for their compact system expect it to turn up at any time between the 7-10 days lead time they give you, I ordered mine on the 24th of July and the truck driver came knocking at 9am the following Wednesday no advance notice at all thankfully I was at home.

I don't know anyone who has had a tank fitted by WCW all depends if you want a 4-5 hour round trip plus fitting time, I didn't so opted out of them fitting it, ask at your local garage, just don't mention how much wfp system installers charge, my local garage is going to charge me £90
Do you just mean a normal garage who fix cars? Do you know if we need anything put on the floor in the back of our van before it’s installed ? Thanks again

Do you just mean a normal garage who fix cars? Do you know if we need anything put on the floor in the back of our van before it’s installed ? Thanks again
Also does the tank come all set up reels & filters etc attached ready to fit
Yes, just a normal garage, I bought a rubber chequered cargo liner for my Berlingo also read this https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/protecting-van-system-in-cold-temps.37305/ as you'll need to prevent the hose underneath from freezing otherwise you won't be working on the worst of days in the winter if you don't prevent freezing

I have no idea exactly what system you've bought, but it will come all set up and tested and ready to go although you may need to flush the R/O

For peace of mind to know the tank is properly installed I would go somewhere that’s had experience in it who are doing installations all the time at the end of the day travelling a bit out ways saving a bit which you would soon make back and know it’s safe

For peace of mind to know the tank is properly installed I would go somewhere that’s had experience in it who are doing installations all the time at the end of the day travelling a bit out ways saving a bit which you would soon make back and know it’s safe
Trouble is they give the impression that they are doing something no one else can and have us over for £400 -600 just to bolt a tank in when all it takes is a knowledgeable and competent person to bolt it in,

Two people on here that I know have bolted their own tanks in both long standing forum members whom I consider knowledgeable and competent.

Crash tested systems certificated at 30mph not much good if someone slams into the back of you on a motorway at 40-60mph which is why companies these days haven't gone to the trouble and expense of crash testing their systems

Yes, just a normal garage, I bought a rubber chequered cargo liner for my Berlingo also read this https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/protecting-van-system-in-cold-temps.37305/ as you'll need to prevent the hose underneath from freezing otherwise you won't be working on the worst of days in the winter if you don't prevent freezing

I have no idea exactly what system you've bought, but it will come all set up and tested and ready to go although you may need to flush the R/O
Hi I’ve bought the Osmo compact 525, thanks for the info will look into this . Did you manage to get booked in somewhere in Newcastle? If so what place
Thanks

Hi I’ve bought the Osmo compact 525, thanks for the info will look into this . Did you manage to get booked in somewhere in Newcastle? If so what place
Thanks
Read what I've already written, I don't live in Newcastle I am aboutD10 miles the other side of Durham.

The shape of the system you've bought I'd have had it booked in for fitting either with WCW at the point of ordering or Purefreedom which is their sister company, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving around with that strapped in the back of my van until its bolted in.

Back