Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long to fill a tank 500 litre

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amos

Hi guys getting my WFp system from baileys on Saturday I was just wondering how long it would take to fill a 500 L tank with an Ro system as I've read on here about soo much water goes to waste ? Cheers guys , Amos .

Iv got a 450gpd takes 30hrs to fill a1000 ibc but I'm getting 50/50 pure to waste and it's coming out at .004 from 360 so I can live with that. Iv got the collingswaterproducts one.

Iv got a 450gpd takes 30hrs to fill a1000 ibc but I'm getting 50/50 pure to waste and it's coming out at .004 from 360 so I can live with that. Iv got the collingswaterproducts one.
Noticed you and Daveyboy both have ppm way above 300 from tap my ppm is approx 270 and I get 006 I also have the Collins 450gpd I'm in Essex so wonder if the water contains different contamintates as when I my ppm crept up to 003/004 from the DI I got a lot of spotting on my Windows.

Please be patient with me lol very new to this new system ! I thought with the RO & DI system it would come out pure ?

Yes it will until your Di resin expires then you will notice that your ppm will crept up from 000 to 0001 then so on, also you will need to do maintence filter changes on your RO system regularly all depending how much water you use, still relatively new to it myself but lots of good windies on here that as kept me right.

Cheers mate I got worried then about not getting pure water lol there's some really good chaps on here thanks again ! How much resin do you use if you use 500 litres a day for instance

Sorry I can't answer that question I Only use 200 and 300 litres a day but for the first 4 weeks I had a 10" vessel and that was spent so got a 11.7 litre vessel and being using that for the last couple of months and still going strong.

Sorry Andy. It should have been 28 hours not 14 hours. :zzz:

Noticed you and Daveyboy both have ppm way above 300 from tap my ppm is approx 270 and I get 006 I also have the Collins 450gpd I'm in Essex so wonder if the water contains different contamintates as when I my ppm crept up to 003/004 from the DI I got a lot of spotting on my Windows.
006 isn't bad

All to do with water pressure too but you will never get below 3-4 due to the rejection rate of the membranes even under optimal conditions

You can get cheap pressure guages off ebay from collins etc

About a tenner and fits inline like the tds meters

The .004 I'm getting is straight from the ro unit which goes in to my ibc. I pump from ibc to my van I have a submersible pump in the ibc then in the van I pump through my Di vessel and it comes out 0 and I can't remember the last time I had to change the resin.

@Den you may need to check your Di vessel if it's only lasting a month. I used the resin calculator I put you down for 300 lt a day for 7 days a week and a 25 lt bag at that rate should last 56 weeks I'm assuming you are not working 7 days so a 10lt should last a good 6 months.

Hello Andy the first resin vessel I had was a 10" not a 10 litre mate they only hold about 700g of resin that's why I upgraded to 11.7 litre hopefully I don't need to change yet a while.

Back