Came off my ladders yesterday

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rugbywolf, Aug 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Was on a three story farm, on a triple extender, and had done the top and first floor windows, so was on the way down when I missed my footing. Fortunately I dropped onto the next rung down with both feet. What happened next took only a few seconds. After landing on the rungs, I started to fall backwards, so pulled on the ladder to balance myself, only the ladder came away from the wall. I realised that the ladder was going to fall backwards (on me), so decided to drop to the floor, which was about 5ft, sliding my hands along the sides of the ladder, and landed flat on my feet – like they do in the gymnastics. Of course I still had hold of the ladder, but it was too heavy and started to fall backwards, and went down with a crash. Fortunately it landed on a lawn, don't know what would've happened if it had crashed on to a car, or another building. My feet were stinging! And I still had two more windows to do. It was lucky for me that I did'nt get hurt bad, because there was no-one around. It was the last job of the day, and when I got home, the soles of my feet were red, so sat with them in ice. They were alright the next day.

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

3. Chris33

Chris33 Forum Addict

Lucky escape mate,bet you got a fright.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. norm

norm Grand Master

giving you a like because ya didn't get hurt and didn't wreck anything glad your ok

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Glad your OK. Very lucky I hated going up ladders. Can happen so quick no mater how careful you are.

7. Alien Human

Glad your ok bud.

Horrible feeling when it happens - heart races, sweats, lots of swearing......

8. Cambride Cleaner

Cambride Cleaner Cambridgeshire Cleaner

9. CHWS

CHWS Guru

Landed on my feet once , I jumped off about foot when I felt it slipping lol

10. Pigeon

Pigeon Guest

hope your good, get on the ladders quick again or the fear will set in. ladder slipped under me 6 years ago, know the pain.

Advertisement