Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone identify this cabling please?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Scrubsy

Can anyone advise what electrical cabling this might be please? Been asked to do a clean of the fascias next door to a customer - customer lives on the corner of a road with no cables attached to their house, this one is in the next road which does have them attached. Where I live there are a few areas which have the thick, sheathed/wrapped electricity cables going to the properties. Then they have the telephone cable. This one has a telephone cable but also another electrical cable - which from the pictures isn't the same as the others I've seen. I know telephone wires are usually thinner and are lower down than electric cables. I'm going to have a look next week, but just wondered if anyone had an idea. Images taken from Google but they are recent photos. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240711-083825.jpg
    Screenshot_20240711-083825.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240711-083814.jpg
    Screenshot_20240711-083814.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 3
If you touch it and you get a good bat I'd say electric.

All jokes a side it does look like over head electric the thickness of the cable. Just go careful or avoid

Can anyone advise what electrical cabling this might be please? Been asked to do a clean of the fascias next door to a customer - customer lives on the corner of a road with no cables attached to their house, this one is in the next road which does have them attached. Where I live there are a few areas which have the thick, sheathed/wrapped electricity cables going to the properties. Then they have the telephone cable. This one has a telephone cable but also another electrical cable - which from the pictures isn't the same as the others I've seen. I know telephone wires are usually thinner and are lower down than electric cables. I'm going to have a look next week, but just wondered if anyone had an idea. Images taken from Google but they are recent photos. Thank you.
It's clearly signed as mains voltage & 240v single phase insulated but do not take that as a green light to go about your work feeling safe

You've asked which Is commendable however I can't guarantee it's insulation is intact so therefore I hold no responsibility or accountability for how you go about your work

It's clearly signed as mains voltage & 240v single phase insulated but do not take that as a green light to go about your work feeling safe

You've asked which Is commendable however I can't guarantee it's insulation is intact so therefore I hold no responsibility or accountability for how you go about your work
Thanks @AW Services . I thought it was. I had a quick drive past this morning between jobs and I could see it clearer. It's weird here, some of these can be seen for a few roads, then you go to another road and there's none at all. All similar housing etc. Thanks again 👍

Thick cable with the ceramic insulator on it is mains electric into the property
The thinner cable is phone line

Back