Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paying workers weekly or monthly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

iv always paid anyone who works for me weekly BACS. today one of my lot asks by text half an hour after we finished can he be paid monthly from start of 2015 as he needs a guaranteur and "its complicated"

why not ask me today face to face when we are working? im suspicious..... can any of you think of a stroke he might be pulling by getting me to pay him monthly ??

How you going to work it? Do they receive an anual income divided by 52? Or is it dependent on hours worked? Get them to clock in and out! Sometimes it's easier to manage your bills if paid monthly. Can't see any issues for the employer........

Are you paying their NI?

i pay their NI yes . and they are paid hourly, it wont be hard to tally up

but my thoughts are "why should i pay him monthly and the rest weekly,itll do my head in ,or will it? " "what underhand reason or less likely good reason could there be for him wanting this "

You're being paranoid amigo! Maybe he's used to being Paid monthly, has all his bills set up to go out at certain time of month. It's nicer to get a grand or two than a couple hundred quid, when your wages come.

Make sure he works a month first though!

I reckon the reason he asked you over the phone was simply because he was sorting out whatever it was he was doing at the time, and was trying for a quick answer. So long as hes generally a good egg I wouldnt worry.

I would'nt think you could pay just one employee monthly and the rest weekly..! so unless the rest of your staff are willing to be paid monthly? It's a big fat no...!

Just imagine what would happen if you said tomorrow you will now be paying them monthly instead as from now. You would have a riot on your hands as they would have to work a month in hand with no money for crimbo./emoticons/biggrin.png

If you pay there NI then aren't you paying there tax also? Are these guys employed by you or are they self employed ?

Latest Posts

Back