Canvassing Available Midlands And Surrounding Areas

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by pdale, Jan 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. pdale

pdale Member

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but been on others, people may recognise me. Here is my linkedin profile http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/paul-dale/5/b9a/5a6

As the snow has been on the ground I have been doing some canvassing for other window cleaners and now looking to do this throughout the year as a compliment to my own work.

I have had three periods of window cleaning spanning over 25 years, this time around for 7 years, built up these rounds from scratch and also spent a few years both in direct sales and canvassing, from double glazing to cable tv.

I'd be confident of getting some regular domestic work for someone by canvassing, whether I work for you on a daily basis or for the week. I'd be willing to do this for 2 x the clean, I'm based in Dudley, anything more than 25 miles i'd ask for petrol expenses. I'd be confident of getting £200 on a four weekly basis within a week, but realistically probably more. If it works between us, i'd be willing to canvas for you in the future and help you to expand or start afresh, however slowly or quickly. I base my window cleaning prices on £20 per hour, (eg £10 for a 3 bed semi) but could either price it for you as you wish or pass on the lead for you to price. I would work an area you'd like me to and stick to target of work required (however large or small). All the finer details we could discuss between ourselves.

I'd sign whatever you want me to so that I can't take the work from you. I have enough of my own anyhow and always believe in fair conduct in business.

I am based in Dudley, but willing to travel around the Midlands.

If you are interested in increasing your round or starting afresh and need tips or advice (the advice is free) please inbox me (though i don't know whether thats available on here) or email pdale1970 at hotmail.co.uk or phone 07941 494104.

I ask for no money upfront and can provide references from guys from other forums who I have conducted business with.

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

Look out Whizz-Bizz you got competition!

3. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Yes Iain .

He doesn't charge £1200 up front either .

4. stevelewis

stevelewis Forum Addict

Thats good no upfront charges,might get him to canvass for me when weather gets a bit better

5. pdale

pdale Member

Thanks for the comments. I am a window cleaner myself at the end of the day and was as a school leaver, so hopefully know the game (probably a little to well).

6. All Round Cleaning

Excellent mate .
    Good to see that you will know the local area pricing too .
    Are you looking to canvass full time while running your own round ?

7. pdale

pdale Member

Just something extra at the moment to compliment my own work. I've thought about it for a while as i also spent many years in direct sales, so find door knocking second nature and always used to canvas in building my own round up. Sitting around with this snow i thought i'd put the feelers out on another forum, managed to get some canvassing work and got some decent results knocking, so will see how it goes before making any decisions.

8. All Round Cleaning

I reckon you will do well .

Im definatley intrested I spoke to you on the "other" forum im based in bilston mate .
    As soon as I got me cash flow sorted il give you a bell .
    Whats you take on cancelations after 1st cleans would you compensate those with extra cleans to start with ?

9. pdale

pdale Member

Ah yes, i'm only down the road from you.

Any cancellations of the initial clean i'd replace with some more canvassing, a refund, or deduction on future canvassing charges if more canvassing is required, so long as the window cleaner isn't at fault with the cancellation, for example not turning up when they say they are going to. It all depends on what the window cleaner is looking for as to how to replace/refund on cancellations.

Canvassing and window cleaning is a numbers game, there's always going to be somebody who changes their mind, though that should be the exception rather than the rule if it's both canvassed right and worked professionally by the window cleaner.

10. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hardly Ian Im national and offer £200 a day rather than £200 a week. Just wanted to clarify this. Good luck to Pdale and I'm assuming you let the guys clean it first then pay you after ?. As your advertising no up front fees.

Advertisement