Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think I'm just going to go around with a clip board, knock on the door, smile and say whilst glancing down at the clip board with pen in hand on the paper 'Hi, we are on your road tomorrow cleaning everyones windows getting them ready in time for Christmas, would you like me to add you to the list?'  then if they ask more questions I'll slip in '...yeah I think quite a few others are getting them done because they plan to put lights and decorations up and want to put them up on clean windows', I'll come up with a discounted price but one that earns me £20 to £25 ph (bearing in mind I'll be slow because I'm new), then after the clean I'll ask them if they would like them done on a regular basis.

I'm not expecting a lot of regulars but I'm aiming for the fast cash to get the experience and try and get word of mouth business, be also nice to bank a bit of money before the New Year so it feels like I've achieved something this year.  Might be tiring but it cannot be worse than what I'm doing now (house cleaning, office cleaning and school cleaning).

I think I'm just going to go around with a clip board, knock on the door, smile and say whilst glancing down at the clip board with pen in hand on the paper 'Hi, we are on your road tomorrow cleaning everyones windows getting them ready in time for Christmas, would you like me to add you to the list?'  then if they ask more questions I'll slip in '...yeah I think quite a few others are getting them done because they plan to put lights and decorations up and want to put them up on clean windows', I'll come up with a discounted price but one that earns me £20 to £25 ph (bearing in mind I'll be slow because I'm new), then after the clean I'll ask them if they would like them done on a regular basis.

I'm not expecting a lot of regulars but I'm aiming for the fast cash to get the experience and try and get word of mouth business, be also nice to bank a bit of money before the New Year so it feels like I've achieved something this year.  Might be tiring but it cannot be worse than what I'm doing now (house cleaning, office cleaning and school cleaning).
Could do yeah, I go round with a clipboard too but it just got very annoying to be honest, with flyers, business cards and a clipboard, so I just go with flyers in hand. Also my fingers are literally bruised from knocking doors in the cold, watch out for that one hahaha

The only thing id say to that is, people who have a window cleaner wont need you to do them before christmas because they will already have the service. And people without you might as well try and turn them into regulars so could be worth going in with the mindset of getting them on a plan.

Could do yeah, I go round with a clipboard too but it just got very annoying to be honest, with flyers, business cards and a clipboard, so I just go with flyers in hand. Also my fingers are literally bruised from knocking doors in the cold, watch out for that one hahaha

Ha ha, must be knocking pretty hard then, no need for a second 'wonder if they heard me' knock then, ha ha.  I'll have to invest in some knuckle dusters, ha.  Seriously though thanks for the tip, I'll maybe look at using something to tap on the door.  I remember the neighbour at my parents house used to tap on the door with a branch off an oak tree which he used as like a walking stick, it sounded like the police were at the door, massive BOOM BOOM BOOM, literally jumped out of your chair when he knocked, certainly nobody saying 'did someone just knock at the door' it was more like 'who the f is that' ha ha.

Have to keep each other updated with progress, good to bounce ideas about and get more sales.  

I always give a card or flyer out when you get a no, with a little line like "if you change your mind give us a ring" or "if something happens with you current windy give us a bell". You'll probably get a call at some point from a couple of them.

Ha ha, must be knocking pretty hard then, no need for a second 'wonder if they heard me' knock then, ha ha.  I'll have to invest in some knuckle dusters, ha.  Seriously though thanks for the tip, I'll maybe look at using something to tap on the door.  I remember the neighbour at my parents house used to tap on the door with a branch off an oak tree which he used as like a walking stick, it sounded like the police were at the door, massive BOOM BOOM BOOM, literally jumped out of your chair when he knocked, certainly nobody saying 'did someone just knock at the door' it was more like 'who the f is that' ha ha.

Have to keep each other updated with progress, good to bounce ideas about and get more sales.  
Maybe I should stop putting holes in their doors? 

And definitely mate, on 2 regulars at the minute so I'll let you know how I get on.

I always give a card or flyer out when you get a no, with a little line like "if you change your mind give us a ring" or "if something happens with you current windy give us a bell". You'll probably get a call at some point from a couple of them.

Yeah I try, and most people take them, do get them few who don't even want a card. Most people are nice! haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back