Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

change of system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

trevor peacock

I've got a 450gpd system, booster pump and 1000lt ibc tank in my garage with 400 lt tank, pump, controller and di vessel in my van and it all works well.

I only use about 800 lts a week.

My gripe is the amount of water I waste (330 tds tap water), realistically I get about 1 good to 3 bad.

I've used collinswaterproducts membranes and prefilters the last two years, their membranes last about a year ( I changed when the good water got to 30ppm and I was using too much resin).

I've got a fibredyne prefilter a couple of months ago and the quality of water seems to be better for longer so far.

The question is, is it worth upgrading to a 2020 system, would it take long to recoup the cost of the system against the money I'd be saving on my water bill?

I've got a 450gpd system, booster pump and 1000lt ibc tank in my garage with 400 lt tank, pump, controller and di vessel in my van and it all works well.

I only use about 800 lts a week.

My gripe is the amount of water I waste (330 tds tap water), realistically I get about 1 good to 3 bad.

I've used collinswaterproducts membranes and prefilters the last two years, their membranes last about a year ( I changed when the good water got to 30ppm and I was using too much resin).

I've got a fibredyne prefilter a couple of months ago and the quality of water seems to be better for longer so far.

The question is, is it worth upgrading to a 2020 system, would it take long to recoup the cost of the system against the money I'd be saving on my water bill?

A Fiberdyne prefilter will not make any difference to the performance of your membranes unless the previous filter was clogged up and restricting the flow of water through it.

Unfortunately the membranes Collins sell are of Chinese manufacturer and not good quality and do need a higher water pressure to work a little more efficiently.

I would say that for 330ppm you need a 3 waste to 1 pure ratio, but if you change your waste valve you might be able to improve things by throttling the waste back to say 2 waste to 1 pure.  Please supply a link to a 2020 r/o.

Personally you are only using 800 liters a week so I cann't see the cost justification of changing to a faster producing r/o until you increase your customer base and you use more water.

A 450gpd supplied me as a single operator with more than enough water for a full days work. It managed to supply my son as well when he joined but I did have to 'ration' water.

You don't say what your water pressure is but I would look at a booster pump and better quality membranes better suited to window cleaning application. See Daqua.co.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back