Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fresh install

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wezza13

Morning all,

Just finishing off a fresh install but having trouble with pulling the water through.

I’ve got a 350l tank, 1/2 inch hose to 100psi shurflo pump and then pump to electric hose reel, then to v16 basic controller.

As there’s no water going through the system yet, how do I get it started? I’ve turned the controller on and tried auto calibration but it’s not sucking through any water. The pump isn’t engaging either. It was working fine yesterday in my other system, I’ve just taken it off and put it into this new set up.

Electrics hooked up correctly, checked and rechecked. This is the third system I’ve installed in my vans but can’t remember how I got it to start from scratch.

Is there a trick or something obvious that I might be missing?

Cheers

Hopefully now you have got it defrosted, I have used a heat gun aka my wifes hairdryer in the past.

Sometimes you may get a big airlock and the best option is to disconnect the hose from the reel and take of the hose connector and suck on the hose whilst the pump is running flat out, have a bucket to hand for when the water pulls through, this is the fastest method to draw out an airlock,

The above method I was given courtesy of @doug atkinson around 2 years ago.

Thanks all. Sorted it. Put the pump next to the radiator indoors for half an hour and that defrosted it. Have been using the new van today and it's working
What numpty decides to do a fresh install after minus temps anyway lol

Thanks all. Sorted it. Put the pump next to the radiator indoors for half an hour and that defrosted it. Have been using the new van today and it's working
What numpty decides to do a fresh install after minus temps anyway lol
The same guy who sat on Barlinnie Jail roof for two nights until he nearly froze to death. ?

Latest Posts

Back