Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump not shutting off when I disconect pole from reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James102

Hi guys I've just started out im using water genie water pump n controller I'm used to the more old controllers just turn it on disconect and it shuts off but this digital 1 is just pumping constant so much when I disconect my pole from the hose the out of the hose the. Clip fires off

99% of all digital controllers are manufactured by spring europe ltd.. great controllers.
with these you have a calibration setting.

for ease lets assume you have a 100psi shurflo pump.

if you think of the calibration setting 1-99 as psi you want before the pump shuts off, it will make things easier to understand.

so to adjust the calibrations you need to hold the 1st and 3rd button together untill you see cal, i always manually adjust this, see where its set.

20-40ish means your fittings are probably **** and need to be sorted

60-99ish can blow some good fittings off.

all my fittings are mainly high pressure plumbing fittings and i have mine set to 65.

hope this helps

Oh I don't know if I've done it properly it wouldn't start so went to cal and turned it up to 99 and lowered the flow to 35

Hi James.

It may also help to explain what Calibration is doing. The controller needs to know when a Pole valve or Tap has been closed so it can stop the pump. The higher the calibration value the slower the controller is to stop the pump, The lower the calibration the quicker the control stop the pump.

Once a Valve is closed the pump will try push against the valve with Pressure and Current draw going up. With flow at 35 and Cal set to maximum 99 The controller wil be very slow to stop the pump (DE)

As a general rule calibration will be a little lower than the flow rate. As an example for a flow of 35 it might be somewhere between 20 and 30. To get the most accurate Calibration value. Leave the flow rate at 35 ensure all the taps amd valves are open and run auto Cal.

Hi James.

It may also help to explain what Calibration is doing. The controller needs to know when a Pole valve or Tap has been closed so it can stop the pump. The higher the calibration value the slower the controller is to stop the pump, The lower the calibration the quicker the control stop the pump.

Once a Valve is closed the pump will try push against the valve with Pressure and Current draw going up. With flow at 35 and Cal set to maximum 99 The controller wil be very slow to stop the pump (DE)

As a general rule calibration will be a little lower than the flow rate. As an example for a flow of 35 it might be somewhere between 20 and 30. To get the most accurate Calibration value. Leave the flow rate at 35 ensure all the taps amd valves are open and run auto Cal.
Right ok I'll try that so when I try to run auto cal I have to lower cal to 0 to get it to do auto but then it just says DE it's only when I turn cal up the pump starts to work

Right ok I'll try that so when I try to run auto cal I have to lower cal to 0 to get it to do auto but then it just says DE it's only when I turn cal up the pump starts to work
No, just set the controller away as normal with water flowing then hold down the two buttons until AUT comes up on the controller then release the buttons and let auto cal take over

No, just set the controller away as normal with water flowing then hold down the two buttons until AUT comes up on the controller then release the buttons and let auto cal take over
Oh so don't lower cal to 0 to make it auto right ok I just hold the two buttons ok brill

Aut doesn't come up at all not sure where in going wrong

Doesn't work I also lowered cal to zero to auto and it says DE I tried all the suggestions and nothing

Doesn't work I also lowered cal to zero to auto and it says DE I tried all the suggestions and nothing
Have you tried reading the manual? http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/manuals/V16_HC.pdf
From what you are saying I think you are not actually getting into auto calibration mode, but manually turning the cal valve down to 0. This will mean no flow and it will report DE (Dead End - flow shut off).
If you read the manual there is a manual method of setting the calibration. I would suggest using the manual mode and setting the calibration value to about 35.
See how that goes.

Have you tried reading the manual? http://springltd.co/assets/uploads/content/manuals/V16_HC.pdf
From what you are saying I think you are not actually getting into auto calibration mode, but manually turning the cal valve down to 0. This will mean no flow and it will report DE (Dead End - flow shut off).
If you read the manual there is a manual method of setting the calibration. I would suggest using the manual mode and setting the calibration value to about 35.
See how that goes.
Thank you so much I wasn't pressing enter that's all

Back