Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing DI resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Couple questions regarding this:

* When you empty the used resin from DI vessel, how do you remove the excess water effectively without pouring water into the rubbish bag your throwing the resin into ? Feels like i need a 2ft square paper coffee filter ? I end up pouring resin beads all over the garden, which leading me onto my next question...

* I use Tulson MB115 resin, i couldn't find if this was biodegradable in the sellers info - does anyone know anything with regard to these polymer mixed bed resins being good / bad for the enviroment ?

As always thanks in advance for any discussion...

I just tip my vessel and let the water run out until there are resin in the water. Then I unscrew the top and dump the rest.

I dumpet it in a ditch behind my house last time, but the general consensus is to put it with the regular trash.

Couple questions regarding this:

* When you empty the used resin from DI vessel, how do you remove the excess water effectively without pouring water into the rubbish bag your throwing the resin into ? Feels like i need a 2ft square paper coffee filter ? I end up pouring resin beads all over the garden, which leading me onto my next question...

* I use Tulson MB115 resin, i couldn't find if this was biodegradable in the sellers info - does anyone know anything with regard to these polymer mixed bed resins being good / bad for the enviroment ?

As always thanks in advance for any discussion...
The MSDS data sheet has this info: Disposal considerations :- : For used / uncontaminated product, the
preferred options include incineration, landfill
etc.
Used material which has been contaminated with heavy
metals or radioactive metals or toxic substances must be
treated as per local state and federal regulations.

Latest Posts

Back