Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got 10 Customers Today But Im Taking 2 Off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Went door knockign from 4-8 got 10 customers but am taking 2 customers off.

WHY ? ? ? ?

Because 1 of them couldnt supply a key for me to access the back gate so he goes just do it when im in.... isaid if your not in ill jsut do fronts.... then i said ill be around on so and so date. i walked off and realised that i never even toke hsi details.... i thought leave him hes a waste of time.... I only want customers who can open the gate for me i dont want to rely on them to be in....

Then another customer said he doesnt want me to have his phone number so just clean his back when hes in.... he was so awkward i said i can rign you a day before he goes no sorry.... so i toke his details etc. but am not going to clean his house either.

Why am i doing this ?

I believe in order to have a good round you got to get rid of people like these.... i now have 93 customers... i could of had 105... if i left customers like these on but i like to take the awkward people off /emoticons/smile.png

I got 1 customer only who has to be in for me to get to the back... she was 1 of my first customers.... but shes a really nice lady and i under priced her aswell but dont want to take her off /emoticons/sad.png cos shes really nice lol

I think you've done well to get 8 on. I hate knocking doors, for some reason I always end up with idiots who start messing me about. I said to one they could pay online. NO! You can send me a cheque. NO! I suppose I'm always in so I can pay you cash, turned up to clean windows and she was out.

I'm going to have to start canvassing again though as I only have about 40 customers and it's took me 2 months to get that in. I've only canvassed 3 times and I've spent the last month or so just leafleting and the work has just trickled in from them. I love getting in my van with a sheet of new customers but for some reason the thought of doing it again is horrible. I've decided that tomorrow I just going to have to get out and knock doors, I'm going to give myself a target of £50 of new work and see if I can get that on.

I really felt down in the dumps about it last week as I only had one job on a day until the Friday and when Friday came it absolutely poured down. This week though I've opened george and I've got £150 on and 3 empty days to fill. The other days are only about half full so I'm going to get out tomorrow and canvass, then see if I can get out Tuesday and do more of the same and keep the ball rolling. I'm going to set my target low and see if I hit it. If I do and I feel I can carry on, I will

U got to knock doors especially when you got a few customers on your books mate....

I knocked on 5 estates today

the first 4 estates i got 1 each customer on 1 estate /emoticons/smile.png

the next estate i got 6 customers... well 4 customers really

lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've just dropped one aswell before I've even started it was a £20 house but she has called 2 week running to put it off well I can't be @r5ed with that so shes gone

I have one that I've done twice. A week before her second clean was due I got a phone call from a blocked number which I missed. Then I get a voicemail " Mrs ****, from blah, blha ,blah. Just wondered if you where still coming." This day I had loads on and was working a 30 minute drive from my house doing first cleans. My water had run out so I jumped back in the van, shot home, filled up, and shot back. Must have taken about 2 hours in total so I got stuck back in and forgot to phone her back until that evening. She said "Oh I didn't think you were going to bother, I've rang another guy now. I'll have to call him back." All that for £6, I might get rid if something like this happens again.

I just want a round with good people

no mess abouts /emoticons/tongue.png and that will keep me happy : D

it kinda go's against the grain to drop customers and lose work but i agree with you H, its your round and your the one that has to work it.

i try to make my round as nice as possible to work, ie, compact, quite a few bungalows, nice custies, no giorgian squares, very little lead!lol if i dont like the look of a house or a customer i simply dont do them. people think you have an obligation to clean their windows if they ask you, when you dont, thats the beauty of being your own boss.

oh and well done on the canvassing!

There is people who will just want their fronts done and if they are in they usually want backs done.. I don't mind this, there is no point walking past money while you are there!

I want customers that when i turn up i clean as soon as i can... i dont want to knock on the door and say please open your back door... Aslong as my customer base is going up i dont mind losing the odd few here and their.... the only thing i do is text /phone a few the night before.... and let them know im coming...

I got a good paying customer that i got to phone him the day before.... to leave the gate open... but its pointless because when hes not in he leaves the dogs their... so he says to me please come on so and so time..... im sick of having to be their at an appropiate time to suit him.... so when i get over 100 customers im going to take him off aswell /emoticons/smile.png

Got a commercial property quoted sent them all the risk assessment and method statement and got 2 more people wanting their houses cleaned so i got to go around and quote them... so im getting very busy... mind you my website is bringing me a lot of work in /emoticons/smile.png

Back