Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap X-jet alternative

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i find the x-jet so easy to control @Herm even in tight/small areas you may have set yours up differently to mine i don't know.
in the above video you see jcb spraying holding the hypo drum in one hand, this is not the safest way to do this at all, imagine if he slipped or tripped on all that surfactant and that drum spilled out all over him a&e calls and a fair few visits to get the burns re-dressed, you tube is full of people doing it this way and facebook has a fair few mentions of people having accidents using this method, ben supplies a five metre hose and a valve to shut the hypo on and off for a reason, you would ideally place the drum in the middle of the space needing spraying and work outwards giving you a ten metre radius turning the valve on or off when needed thats what its there for, for safety your safety. i saw no 5 metre hose or a valve in that video.
That is a very good point. I think people just do what is easy and don't consider the H&S especially when they are not employing. OK before anyone says it, I know there are lots of diligent people who do think about things and even if they don't do a formal risk assessment they do a mental one!

It's good that you point it out, thanks.

That is a very good point. I think people just do what is easy and don't consider the H&S especially when they are not employing. OK before anyone says it, I know there are lots of diligent people who do think about things and even if they don't do a formal risk assessment they do a mental one!

It's good that you point it out, thanks.
if you take the video from a different tangent what happens when you trip or fall?, the first thing that happens within our brain is to put our hands out to protect your head we don't think of letting go of that hypo drum or the lance we just put our hands out, think of the times when you've fallen or tripped you still hold on to whatever you have in your hands, in this case its a very bad accident waiting to happen hands moving forward/hypo drum at face level and the lance also at face level plus the surface on which you fall upon is full of hypo????????????, i'm not knocking anyones work method and new tools but i'd rather highlight some methods which although on you tube as "the thing to do" are very much flawed and are not safe for yourself or the customer.

I had a fitting bust on me a couple of years ago and ended up spraying 4% hypo in my face and eyes
Luckily I had quick enough reactions to get the garden tap on with my face under it and was ok apart from feeling a bit tender all day
Could have been a lot worse

I had a fitting bust on me a couple of years ago and ended up spraying 4% hypo in my face and eyes
Luckily I had quick enough reactions to get the garden tap on with my face under it and was ok apart from feeling a bit tender all day
Could have been a lot worse
Did you buy some eye wash to keep in the van after that lucky escape? I think screwfix do some for about £5 for 25 sealed washes. They also do WALLACE CAMERON VIVO VAN & TRUCK FIRST AID KIT (63976) £13.99 which includes 5 eye washes. I do keep meaning to buy one, I really should as when you need it it's too late!

Did you buy some eye wash to keep in the van after that lucky escape? I think screwfix do some for about £5 for 25 sealed washes. They also do WALLACE CAMERON VIVO VAN & TRUCK FIRST AID KIT (63976) £13.99 which includes 5 eye washes. I do keep meaning to buy one, I really should as when you need it it's too late!
No but I do have a basic first aid kit in the van
I should really get some eye wash

Just to mention the profoam came with the 5 metre suction hose and the on/off valve by the quick connect, as @kevinc250 mentioned.

As to the health and safety aspect, you are completely correct. That video was to demonstrate the piece of equipment for my fellow members on the forum and was not intended to be a how to apply chemicals safely and correctly. I will take it down. ?

Just to mention the profoam came with the 5 metre suction hose and the on/off valve by the quick connect, as @kevinc250 mentioned.

As to the health and safety aspect, you are completely correct. That video was to demonstrate the piece of equipment for my fellow members on the forum and was not intended to be a how to apply chemicals safely and correctly. I will take it down. ?
thank you JCB it was much appreciated that you done this for me! Thanks

no problems mate sometimes, i come across as either sarcastic or holier than though,
its not intended as that.
i'm actually quite a nice guy in person, but i comment more from personal experience and the **** ups i've made over the years and have learned from them, in some ways, you are making the same mistakes as i did in the past.
i am still making mistakes if i'm honest as is everyone, although no-one will post the mistakes they do on a forum as it makes them less of a god and more of a human.
i am due to nip up to our unit next week where all the kit is kept and i'll take some photos of my set up to give you ideas, these work for me, they are not ground breaking ideas but ones that are well proven by many using a down streamer like yours and it works, its safer
kind regards kevin.

no problems mate sometimes, i come across as either sarcastic or holier than though,
its not intended as that.
i'm actually quite a nice guy in person, but i comment more from personal experience and the **** ups i've made over the years and have learned from them, in some ways, you are making the same mistakes as i did in the past.
i am still making mistakes if i'm honest as is everyone, although no-one will post the mistakes they do on a forum as it makes them less of a god and more of a human.
i am due to nip up to our unit next week where all the kit is kept and i'll take some photos of my set up to give you ideas, these work for me, they are not ground breaking ideas but ones that are well proven by many using a down streamer like yours and it works, its safer
kind regards kevin.
No not all all mate, I appreciate your input. I have learnt so much from your posts especially as to chemicals. ? I like to view everyday as a school day, always more to learn and apply. And that is doubly important with regards to H&S.

Would love to see some pics of your setup.

Latest Posts

Back