Cheeky B***h

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TJTOPCAT, Jan 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TJTOPCAT

TJTOPCAT Member

I've just had a spate of quotes for the same area I guess that some windy has stop coming to them. Anyhow this one made me laugh big 4 bedroom detached house probably about 30 standard size opening Windows left her a price £15 every 6 weeks. Get some voicemail message back saying that it's a bit much and she wanted a pay more like £12 and if I wanted to renegotiate to ring her back and let her know either way if I wanted the job or not. I hate it when they think that they are doing you a massive favour. I have no idea what planet these people are on trying to save 50p week.

Sent from my Turbo_mini_F1 using Window Cleaning Forums

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

Just ring her back and say you're sorry you've made a mistake. It should be £20!

3. TJTOPCAT

TJTOPCAT Member

Good luck I said in finding somebody to clean them 4 £12. She reckons that she is going to go back to the people that clean them 5 months ago. Really.

Sent from my Turbo_mini_F1 using Window Cleaning Forums

4. Markyboy 50

Let her go then mate. I would rather sit at home than work for less than my rate

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#5 spruce, Jan 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    My advice is to not take it personally.

In sales a good deal is when its win win on both sides - everyone is happy. If the balance changes to a win loose situation either way then it will never be a happy relationship. (In the same way you aren't happy doing it for the lower amount, were she to pay you your asking price, then she won't be happy.) I would contact her, explain that you can't do it for that and thank her for her inquiry politely. She may even come back to you when she finds that it isn't such a bad deal after all. If you have been polite, it will leave the door open for her to respond. If it doesn't then it doesn't. If you are rude to a potential customer, trust me, bad news travels fast. Its your reputation at stake in the end, so we try not to retaliate even when the customer is clearly out of order.

Referring to her as a B---h or any other derogatory name isn't right either IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. mark

mark Forum Addict

as above I wouldnt burn my bridges(reputation).i would politely tell the customer or any customer for that matter- that we are running a business-and we don't negotiate on the price.FIRM.tbh if I was dealing with her I would either ring, text,email etc.we cannot take you on at the the moment as we are very busy.hope you can find a window cleaner who will meet your financial expectations,dump relace with three!!!

7. TolishAPurd

Ignore and move on.

8. johnny bravo

if you dont need £12 for how long 15-20 minutes, lucky you. £36 per hour. what region are you tjtopcat. here in north east window cleaners are getting like asian taxi drivers, tttttttttooooooooooo mmmmmmmmaaaanyyyyyyyyyy.:mask::mask::666:, i wish i could get away with high prices, too much competition up here.

9. Poles Apart

As said don't waste your time, dump and move along.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I think even £15 sounds cheap for 30 windows.

Advertisement