Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chemicals needed for first clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

View attachment 11064View attachment 11065

Well I used upvc max today and it's general cleaning power is very good. Upvc came up nice and it worked fine on the painted front door and frame which is a nice plus.

the ingrained dirt was not very strong since theses are newer windows. As seen in the pictures above

my brush could not remove this dirt no matter how hard I scrubbed it.

When I scratched it with my finger nail it came off then I tired a magic sponge on and that worked as well.

How ever if I have to go that far to get the perfect finish I might as well buy solvent cleaner and a jumbo kitchen roll and call it restoration and charge more.

i have a conny roof next week to try it on as well.

At this point I say it's a proper upvc cleaner and any new window cleaner that wants a safe product to use its a very good one.

ubic 2000 does carry a small amount of risk and when your not used to window cleaning it can make the job alot more stressful.

Overall I am happy with upvc max but I still need to do more tests before I make my final decision on weather it becomes my main detergent for 1st cleans rec.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Glad to see your initial thoughts are good. Hopefully your tests your going forward will be good too

View attachment 11064View attachment 11065

Well I used upvc max today and it's general cleaning power is very good. Upvc came up nice and it worked fine on the painted front door and frame which is a nice plus.

the ingrained dirt was not very strong since theses are newer windows. As seen in the pictures above

my brush could not remove this dirt no matter how hard I scrubbed it.

When I scratched it with my finger nail it came off then I tired a magic sponge on and that worked as well.

How ever if I have to go that far to get the perfect finish I might as well buy solvent cleaner and a jumbo kitchen roll and call it restoration and charge more.

i have a conny roof next week to try it on as well.

At this point I say it's a proper upvc cleaner and any new window cleaner that wants a safe product to use its a very good one.

ubic 2000 does carry a small amount of risk and when your not used to window cleaning it can make the job alot more stressful.

Overall I am happy with upvc max but I still need to do more tests before I make my final decision on weather it becomes my main detergent for 1st cleans rec.

Hi Lawrence, you mentioned risks associated with using Ubik 2000 - can you tell me what they are?
Cheers!

It won't stain render or anything blue lol
What happens is it sits on plastic too long and leaves an orange patch once rinsed off..never heard of it staining anything other than upvc
I use screwfix degreaser now as i have tried most things and it is the easiest to rinse..doesn't stain anything even used neat and is stronger than ubik etc
Spray it on the worst black and green fascia and leave for 5 minutes and watch most of the dirt come off just with the water pressure of the jets

Check the forum you find alot of stuff about ubik and virosol as this quote shows. Green pro has also stated this fact in a recent post as well.

A long time ago their was a post about ubik being left on a composite door and it trashed it and I have found ubik can damage paint work if it's water based lucky it was on my portch at home. After I re painted it oil bases paint and test it again it seems fine but on customers paint work it's fairy liquid at the most I tried upvc max the other day on paint work and that was fine also.

I found when using ubik if the black seals bleed and you don't risen it off right away after applying ubik and it's left to dry it's hell of a job to get off then. Virosol can turn upvc orange as well but I personally don't rate that at all product at all no where near as good as ubik.

Check the forum you find alot of stuff about ubik and virosol as this quote shows. Green pro has also stated this fact in a recent post as well.

A long time ago their was a post about ubik being left on a composite door and it trashed it and I have found ubik can damage paint work if it's water based lucky it was on my portch at home. After I re painted it oil bases paint and test it again it seems fine but on customers paint work it's fairy liquid at the most I tried upvc max the other day on paint work and that was fine also.

I found when using ubik if the black seals bleed and you don't risen it off right away after applying ubik and it's left to dry it's hell of a job to get off then. Virosol can turn upvc orange as well but I personally don't rate that at all product at all no where near as good as ubik.

Cheers for that. I'll go and search this topic on the forum for the other posts as you've suggested.
I have been using Ubik on PVC but not allowing it to sit too long. Might be time for a change! Thanks again.

for upvc cleaning the best ive found is tfr20 ive got upvc max wich is beta than ubik ect and works very well on filfy wood sash but its to slow and not strong anougth  for upvc wich is realy bad it works fine on easy cleans but on them ones just water works fine  i think scott denning is selling upvc max half price at the wc show as he gets it from simon palmers suplier wich is very cheep there seems to be a lot going on at the minit supliers diging dirt ect

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been using virosol for years and posted many pictures on here of soffit and fascia and conservatory cleans.

Never had a single issue with it turning upvc orange. I've tried ubik and personally thought it wasn't as good.

Sometimes a member post something on here and loads follow it like leppins. 

Best to try products and find what works best for you personally imo.

Have a good weekend ?

I've been using virosol for years and posted many pictures on here of soffit and fascia and conservatory cleans.

Never had a single issue with it turning upvc orange. I've tried ubik and personally thought it wasn't as good.

Sometimes a member post something on here and loads follow it like leppins. 

Best to try products and find what works best for you personally imo.

Have a good weekend ?
Er, lemmings I meant lol

for upvc cleaning the best ive found is tfr20 ive got upvc max wich is beta than ubik ect and works very well on filfy wood sash but its to slow and not strong anougth  for upvc wich is realy bad it works fine on easy cleans but on them ones just water works fine  i think scott denning is selling upvc max half price at the wc show as he gets it from simon palmers suplier wich is very cheep there seems to be a lot going on at the minit supliers diging dirt ect
He isn't selling it as my suppliers wont deal with him and they are active on the Facebook groups and have seen his antics. He creates slanderous videos etc. 

I've got a bottle of tfr10 and 20 on it's way to me which I'm going to get tested to find out what's in it as it isn't just tfr.  It's suspected another well know chemical is in it

Last edited:
yes i help him on his fb page admin ect im curntly using yours at the minit as i brought 5 leters of a friend up the road  only use tfr20 in a back pack with a fan jet on a wfp so its not something i get on my hands  still ide like to no if there is any kinda biocide in it ect as that would be bad news as u would need a resperator 

yes i help him on his fb page admin ect im curntly using yours at the minit as i brought 5 leters of a friend up the road  only use tfr20 in a back pack with a fan jet on a wfp so its not something i get on my hands  still ide like to no if there is any kinda biocide in it ect as that would be bad news as u would need a resperator 
It won't be a Biocide. 

I have am idea. 

But will get in analysed anyway 

Not saying to much as I kniw it will get back to him 

20170824_122124.jpg20170824_122208.jpg20170824_122853.jpg20170824_122927.jpg20170824_144907.jpg20170824_132738.jpg

Before people what ratio I used their was 15L of water in the back pack and you can see the before and after of the bottle.

Had a nice gfs job today I agree with what Dave said you need to keep it wet once it dry' s out you need to re apply but I got to say I very happy with the results some of the windows did have tiger strips and it didn't remove them but I think it did a better job then ubik.

The product still could be improved. On big gfs jobs (long runs) I have to use ubik since having to reapply would take way to much time. But on 1st clean windows atm upvc max will be in the truck same for smaller gfs jobs like above. Con roofs I still got to do a test.

Aims if your read thing is upvc max safe to use on self cleaning glass ? And I tested it on paint work but is really safe for painting windows etc?

View attachment 11127View attachment 11128View attachment 11129View attachment 11130View attachment 11131View attachment 11132

Before people what ratio I used their was 15L of water in the back pack and you can see the before and after of the bottle.

Had a nice gfs job today I agree with what Dave said you need to keep it wet once it dry' s out you need to re apply but I got to say I very happy with the results some of the windows did have tiger strips and it didn't remove them but I think it did a better job then ubik.

The product still could be improved. On big gfs jobs (long runs) I have to use ubik since having to reapply would take way to much time. But on 1st clean windows atm upvc max will be in the truck same for smaller gfs jobs like above. Con roofs I still got to do a test.

Aims if your read thing is upvc max safe to use on self cleaning glass ? And I tested it on paint work but is really safe for painting windows etc?

Nice insight, one question, do you regularly take photos while doing handstands? ? 

View attachment 11127View attachment 11128View attachment 11129View attachment 11130View attachment 11131View attachment 11132

Hi there.

It's at your descressionwhether you use on self cleani g glass. Many manufacturers will void warranty if Chemicals are used. But let's face it we all do it. I've used it plenty of times on self cleaning glass. 

I've also used it many times on painted frames and painted surfaces including wood. Totally fine 

Latest Posts

Back