Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clean after building work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

100% right! I believe there are two main reasons :

1/ Lack of pride and integrity. Whatever work I've done in the past I always aimed to walk away having left the job as good as I reasonably could for the client and as tidy and ready for the next man as sensibly possible. Utility (road work) would be left tidy and safe. Lorries when I was in that line of work would have had lights, tyres and fluids checked and fuel tank topped up. I'd imagine most of us here are the same.

2/ Because they are let get away with it. The attitude I quite often came across in my other jobs was "It's near enough. We'll be long gone by the time that's spotted."

Do it once, do it neat, do it quickly if you're able... But above all do it right, if you can. It won't always go right. That's life. It's how we deal with problems that matters.
Bingo great post @Davy Gspot on.

Nothing wrong with general builders cleans just dust the odd bit of cement it comes off easily enough if you know how. It’s stickers on new windows that really gets to me and I refuse to do nowadays as you can scratch the glass and it really ain’t worth it. Why do the fitters leave them like that it’s shocking to say the least!

sellotape on impeccable or brand new windows and doors some people are braindead

Nothing wrong with general builders cleans just dust the odd bit of cement it comes off easily enough if you know how. It’s stickers on new windows that really gets to me and I refuse to do nowadays as you can scratch the glass and it really ain’t worth it. Why do the fitters leave them like that it’s shocking to say the least!

sellotape on impeccable or brand new windows and doors some people are braindead
To me that's the good thing about this job. We can cherry pick our work. We don't have to do them. I've never done 1 or been asked to. From what I read I will stay well clear !!. Sounds like other trades dont care about how they leave their work. 

Exactly that do as you please. They probably are 3x price of normal clean sometimes more have to see condition and you will get turned down a lot more than regular window quotes ! Took a while to learn how to price em I used to price an extra few quid on top ?? 

Exactly that do as you please. They probably are 3x price of normal clean sometimes more have to see condition and you will get turned down a lot more than regular window quotes ! Took a while to learn how to price em I used to price an extra few quid on top ?? 
Once you've done 3 days straight of builders cleans on a new build site 8 hrs a day ypu soon get fed up with them..trust me.

Charging hourly is the only.way to quote it.

Once you've done 3 days straight of builders cleans on a new build site 8 hrs a day ypu soon get fed up with them..trust me.

Charging hourly is the only.way to quote it.
Yeah I don’t fancy that lol.

i charge hourly but I quote with a fixed price usually saying ‘ between x and x ‘ Telling them you want however much per hour never ends will in my experience 

Yeah I don’t fancy that lol.

i charge hourly but I quote with a fixed price usually saying ‘ between x and x ‘ Telling them you want however much per hour never ends will in my experience 
That was for 18 new builds that needed signing off.

Took all 3 days though

I was doing sparkle cleans a few years ago and the prices were getting driven down by the housebuilder, some will pay decent money and others won't I see no point in doing them,

I remember one sales office women thought she was in charge and spoke to me like I was under her she got short thrift, I run my own business and am way above anyone who thinks I am their employee.

I once had a builder threaten to beat me up unless I came back & cleaned windows again for free despite weeks passing.. decided never again.. he said u must be on £40 an hour & I said yes I am,  he hated that

Latest Posts

Back