Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning inside of roof lantern

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RickyG

Hi all been asked if I could clean the inside of roof lantern it’s a big ol thing quite high but it’s got a big corian island directly underneath it & a ladder ain’t gonna work, I thought yeah il get one of them
stingray things to knock that out
…..then I priced one up ?
to be honest it don’t look much more than a paint pad on an extension pole ? I don’t mind an hour in me inventors shed for a work around but I ain’t gonna be parting with silly money for a once in a blue moon tool.
Anyone got any ideas ?

Bit iffy but 2 step ladders and a board? One of the multi way ladders with a platform, like this sort of thing combi ladder with platform bit expensive for a one off job. I bought one years ago and it gets used round my house quite frequently in it's various different modes.

edit:
Cant you just trad it with a pole?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use a karcher window vac with pole attachments. Everything can be done from the ground with no mess or dirt soap dripping down as most atriums have painted surfaces underneath which if used matt paint can stain very easily and can’t be wiped down.

I used one of these Unger Pad Holder | Window Cleaning Equipment - Window Cleaning Warehouse Ltd years ago you'll need quite a few cleaning pads as well depending on how big it is, I also used No Nonsense Glass Cleaner 1Ltr - Screwfix which I sprayed on to the pads I did a conservatory with 10 glass roof panels it didn't look to dirty but I was surprised how black the pads got,

The alternative is to tell them that it's a bigger job than you first thought and it's not something you are comfortable undertaking due to the equipment you'll need to buy and the trouble it will be cleaning it.

I use a karcher window vac with pole attachments. Everything can be done from the ground with no mess or dirt soap dripping down as most atriums have painted surfaces underneath which if used matt paint can stain very easily and can’t be wiped down.
That’s exactly my worry the lid is painted in farrow & ball estate emulsion I know from experience being on the tools that if anything gets on it that’s it it’s over can’t be wiped off or touched up it’s literally the whole panel to be painted, Ive seen one of those karcher vacs somewhere mrs bought it for the glass wall in the bathroom il have a look for the pole thing for one ????

Bit iffy but 2 step ladders and a board? One of the multi way ladders with a platform, like this sort of thing combi ladder with platform bit expensive for a one off job. I bought one years ago and it gets used round my house quite frequently in it's various different modes.

edit:
Cant you just trad it with a pole?
I’ve got one of those bit wobbly ain’t they I can’t risk tradding it cos of the paintwork on the reveals it’ll be an expensive one if it gets marked

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I used one of these Unger Pad Holder | Window Cleaning Equipment - Window Cleaning Warehouse Ltd years ago you'll need quite a few cleaning pads as well depending on how big it is, I also used No Nonsense Glass Cleaner 1Ltr - Screwfix which I sprayed on to the pads I did a conservatory with 10 glass roof panels it didn't look to dirty but I was surprised how black the pads got,

The alternative is to tell them that it's a bigger job than you first thought and it's not something you are comfortable undertaking due to the equipment you'll need to buy and the trouble it will be cleaning it.
Brilliant ?? I’ve got a pole sander with swivel head I was thinking that’s the kind of thing I’d need to catch all the angles, il order one when I get back

Brilliant ?? I’ve got a pole sander with swivel head I was thinking that’s the kind of thing I’d need to catch all the angles, il order one when I get back
Edit: il also show em the stingray if they want to purchase themselves to keep on site and il use it I’ve no worries about em doing it themselves they ain’t that type of people they just throw money at things to get it done

Hi all been asked if I could clean the inside of roof lantern it’s a big ol thing quite high but it’s got a big corian island directly underneath it & a ladder ain’t gonna work, I thought yeah il get one of them
stingray things to knock that out
…..then I priced one up ?
to be honest it don’t look much more than a paint pad on an extension pole ? I don’t mind an hour in me inventors shed for a work around but I ain’t gonna be parting with silly money for a once in a blue moon tool.
Anyone got any ideas ?
How about saying no …

Latest Posts

Back