Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Zinc façade

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T Doe

Hi,
I’m after some advice please.
I visited a job today and the customer is after a price for a washdown on there painted zinc façade.

What is the best process to clean as Iv been reading and they recommend warm water with a cloth wiping with the grain.

They have a hot outside tap, the zinc is painted. How would you go about this please ?

Il attach a pic

Thanks guys

57EFBB8C-BBDD-4082-A2DA-A37C014EC3FD.jpeg

Not done zinc coating but would try a test patch with a Virosol 10-1 mix spray on then light scrub with WFP , rinse job done . I am assuming it’s just a bit or road grime or green algae?

Never heard of a zinc facade, do you not mean galvanised steel.
They do cover roofs in zinc I have a couple of customers that have it but as it’s roofs not had to clean them , they have a folding machine that joins the each new piece to the next one and it has a raised joint . I don’t have any pictures if customers ones but hears one from the internet

Attachments

• C77B8462-8A23-493A-9E5E-8897B87388C1.jpeg
    C77B8462-8A23-493A-9E5E-8897B87388C1.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 4
They do cover roofs in zinc I have a couple of customers that have it but as it’s roofs not had to clean them , they have a folding machine that joins the each new piece to the next one and it has a raised joint . I don’t have any pictures if customers ones but hears one from the internet
Zinc is 2.5 times heavier then aluminium and is very prone to oxidisation. It will also conduct heat so is a very strange thing to put on a roof.

Latest Posts

Back