Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clearing moss on tarmac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol we had -2 on Monday and Tuesday very unusual for hear we should have had your temperature ??? 
They had forecast temps off around 6-7c, I was surprised it had been so warm the weather looks the same for next week, February will be totally different but hopefully not  

Good job this post came up as housing association wants a quote for all the alley ways like this in their area.. about 15.

15801197099303881136180871753313.jpg

Only two problems I see Dave. Getting water for the PW and getting rid of the stuff, you will be surprised at how much moss you acquire and when wet the dead weight. You might be better to hypo the whole area before hand. A fiver a sq yard minimum and if you get a tenner then it would turn out a good deal. ?  

Only two problems I see Dave. Getting water for the PW and getting rid of the stuff, you will be surprised at how much moss you acquire and when wet the dead weight. You might be better to hypo the whole area before hand. A fiver a sq yard minimum and if you get a tenner then it would turn out a good deal. ?  
The one where the pic is and a lot of the other ones back on to a big meadow with plenty of bushes to lose the moss lol.

Where I'm parked is 2 doors from my father in laws house and I have the gate key and I can get water from there if needed.

I know the price I will charge and will do ok out of it but good to know hypo is ok on tarmac. 

I will beush what I can up and lose it in the woods around the meadow.

I have an old 400l flat tank I cut the end off and plastic welded it back up to ise as an upright which holds about 250l and use as a buffer tank in front of my pure water tank.

That would be enough as if I use both I will have 600l for the pressure washer. 

Will be overweight but only driving a few 100 yards between alleyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an old 400l flat tank I cut the end off and plastic welded it back up to ise as an upright which holds about 250l and use as a buffer tank in front of my pure water tank.

I got a new wheelie bin and this time kept the lid on and saves it getting full of water and dirt when doing a roof job. I also done away with the drain valve because I didn't use it. All I did was turn tap off when I came near the end of the rinsing. I was about an hour getting rid of the moss because it was so heavy. I never gave it a thought to take my wheelbarrow with me on a PW job but I will now. It makes good compost but i would do it after 5pm in case anyone objects. Better than clearing gutters any day.

I got a new wheelie bin and this time kept the lid on and saves it getting full of water and dirt when doing a roof job. I also done away with the drain valve because I didn't use it. All I did was turn tap off when I came near the end of the rinsing. I was about an hour getting rid of the moss because it was so heavy. I never gave it a thought to take my wheelbarrow with me on a PW job but I will now. It makes good compost but i would do it after 5pm in case anyone objects. Better than clearing gutters any day.
This job is quite easy as I can sweep it tothe edge of the path which drops down to the meadow on most paths and is surrounded by bushes etc. 

Sweep it off the edge then hypo it.

Back