Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clx 4

WCF

Help Support WCF:

your probably wasting time during your working day which could be more efficient but its your choice.....?
I have extreme 18 my son uses Slx18 but we always have slx22 and clx4 permanently on the van as a backup and for the odd three storey windowWe only put the bigger poles on as and when we know we will need them. 

Why use bigger poles when not needed.

today I had 5 bungalows 4 of them was the last 4 jobs of the day clx4 perfect and one house where the 22 was needed for 3 windows so used the that pole just for whole house.

Glad I had my 18’ pole for the rest less effort and less fatigue can understand people on a budget who can only afford onepole but if you can afford serveral poles then get them. 

Somedays I have to use 45’ pole but because it covers just about all my work doesn’t mean I want to use it everyday.

your probably wasting time during your working day which could be more efficient but its your choice.....?
Some may think that. But I don’t waste anytime thinking about which pole to use. 95% of my jobs I know off by heart while which pole is needed for which windows while I’m backing up the drive.

And personally i find I actually work a little quicker when I have a short & light pole in my hands when doing the downstairs.

But quite straight formula for me:

clx 10-for bungalows with no loft window

xtreme 18- for your average town house 

27ft SuperM- for the upstairs of any houses with windows above large conservatory’s, high skylights etc, then a few seconds swapping over to 10ft for the downstairs.

But everyone’s different, I find this is the best way for me ?

I have extreme 18 my son uses Slx18 but we always have slx22 and clx4 permanently on the van as a backup and for the odd three storey windowWe only put the bigger poles on as and when we know we will need them. 

Why use bigger poles when not needed.

today I had 5 bungalows 4 of them was the last 4 jobs of the day clx4 perfect and one house where the 22 was needed for 3 windows so used the that pole just for whole house.

Glad I had my 18’ pole for the rest less effort and less fatigue can understand people on a budget who can only afford onepole but if you can afford serveral poles then get them. 

Somedays I have to use 45’ pole but because it covers just about all my work doesn’t mean I want to use it everyday.
years ago i used to have a small cut down pole for ground floors as the brodex aluminium 25 ft hydra pole was heavy and a long closed length!?

these days poles are so light and have a short closed length i just use an xtreme 25 for nearly all work upper and ground floor and an xtreme 47 for anything higher than 3 storey......thats it...ive no need to faff about with any other poles anymore.....great.....?

years ago i used to have a small cut down pole for ground floors as the brodex aluminium 25 ft hydra pole was heavy and a long closed length!?

these days poles are so light and have a short closed length i just use an xtreme 25 for nearly all work upper and ground floor and an xtreme 47 for anything higher than 3 storey......thats it...ive no need to faff about with any other poles anymore.....great.....?
That’s great if it works for you ?

Each to own I’m tubless approx 3 to 5 seconds to switch poles hardly faffing about ?

I guess when it’s for downstairs it’s the enclosed length is the things, with my old 25slx if I was lazy and didn’t swap it for my 10clx I’d be banging every wall, car & fence panel begind me as it’s 5ft enclosed. My new 27ft is a bit shorter if neeeds be

I decided to get the 10 in the end.put it together while the spuds were on..is it wrong to say I'm excited??lol

Is it also wrong to say I got excited when I found the wee coffee cup too??

Feels nice,I think I'm in love ??

I decided to get the 10 in the end.put it together while the spuds were on..is it wrong to say I'm excited??lol

Is it also wrong to say I got excited when I found the wee coffee cup too??

Feels nice,I think I'm in love ??
Yeah it is a little wrong to get to excited about a pole, but does feel nice to unbox new equipment, the coffee cup is also nice to find (when not expecting it)

Latest Posts

Back