Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Computer software

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I used to have one when they first came out. The kids destroyed it in the end. It depends what you want to use it for. My Mac is great for photo editing, other than that I could use google drive for the spreadsheets and Google chrome to access the internet. For people who mainly just browse the internet its ideal. My kids homework is all online nowadays so it would work for them too.
I and my wife found the ChromeBook restrictive to a point as if she was wanting to do a job application or amend and send her c.v it's not possible to always send readable files which the recipient can read, she could edit it on the netbook but I had to convert it on my pc into a readable pdf via adobe  or copy and paste stuff into ms word and do the digital signatures.

I amend and update my own website as well as other stuff, so I like a pc that I can have a fully operational security suite which I know is bang up to date and my data is safe as well as the very basic stuff like copy and paste and other bit's and pieces which aren't possible on a netbook or smart device apps rather than fully blown web/pc based apps 

I and my wife found the ChromeBook restrictive to a point as if she was wanting to do a job application or amend and send her c.v it's not possible to always send readable files which the recipient can read, she could edit it on the netbook but I had to convert it on my pc into a readable pdf via adobe  or copy and paste stuff into ms word and do the digital signatures.

I amend and update my own website as well as other stuff, so I like a pc that I can have a fully operational security suite which I know is bang up to date and my data is safe as well as the very basic stuff like copy and paste and other bit's and pieces which aren't possible on a netbook or smart device apps rather than fully blown web/pc based apps 
I'm glad you guys know what you are talking about. ?

Funny you should say that, I had the same problem. I was job hunting back in 2014 and couldn’t upload my CV because it wasn’t physically stored on the drive.

I don’t have a backup of my website but I probably should. Mines all done with wordpress so I can log in online and edit it “securely”. The security software Google uses is top notch so I wouldn’t be worried about that. Completely agree though there are so many little things that can create issues such as wanting to upload a CV. As a secondary PC that boots up in seconds and is super quick at internet browsing I don’t think you could fault it though.

Funny you should say that, I had the same problem. I was job hunting back in 2014 and couldn’t upload my CV because it wasn’t physically stored on the drive.

I don’t have a backup of my website but I probably should. Mines all done with wordpress so I can log in online and edit it “securely”. The security software Google uses is top notch so I wouldn’t be worried about that. Completely agree though there are so many little things that can create issues such as wanting to upload a CV. As a secondary PC that boots up in seconds and is super quick at internet browsing I don’t think you could fault it though.
My wife does her via Google docs or whatever, but businesses don't operate using Google software or systems so in that it fails,  so you have to rely on software etc that is common place in big organisations.

I seriously I have my doubts about os's that say they are all up to date with their security when updates are few and far between and Norton can have between 5 -15+ security updates a day, I always run a live update as soon as I open my pc, as for my site it's also wordpress and I check in for updates on a regular basis, I think my web design guy does back-up's not sure, I better ask him today what the crack is

Latest Posts

Back