Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cost of 400L water these days

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Any idea what the cost of filling a 400L tank is currently or where i could find that out as accurately as possible ? I have a job coming up where i am using a third parties water and have to pay for it so need to be able to estimate the cost

Any idea what the cost of filling a 400L tank is currently or where i could find that out as accurately as possible ? I have a job coming up where i am using a third parties water and have to pay for it so need to be able to estimate the cost
Just take a meter reading before and after filling get the price per cm from them .

I would say you will need 1000lts of tap water to produce 400l of pure. Are you just trying to get the cost of the water from the third party?
United Utilities charge £1.832 per cubic meter of water (1000litres) plus £1.221 for drainage as they assume what enters your property ends up down the drain!
So a total of £3.053 per cubic meter (1000lts).
If you are trying to add your costs (membrane, filters, resin etc) then that's a bit more complex.

Jesus that's extortionate, why aren't people just producing their own at that price?
On most of our travels we don't have access to an outside tap and I doubt the hotel would allow us to fill up there with the booster pump and generator running. However in the NE we're lucky to make much more than 50p per litre used, in the south we have found making over a £1 a litre is easily achieved so even paying £33 to fill our tank we are still quids in. We also use more than a tank full a day so a quick fill up saves us time and therefore money.

On most of our travels we don't have access to an outside tap and I doubt the hotel would allow us to fill up there with the booster pump and generator running. However in the NE we're lucky to make much more than 50p per litre used, in the south we have found making over a £1 a litre is easily achieved so even paying £33 to fill our tank we are still quids in. We also use more than a tank full a day so a quick fill up saves us time and therefore money.
That makes sense, I've heard of a company called Clear View Water in the south that are supposedly half the price of Spotless Water, have you ever given them a try?

That makes sense, I've heard of a company called Clear View Water in the south that are supposedly half the price of Spotless Water, have you ever given them a try?
Will only be a matter of time that they have parity with spotless due to costs rising. I think under 5p a litre of pure is good value and expect it to rise by at least inflation.

I would say you will need 1000lts of tap water to produce 400l of pure. Are you just trying to get the cost of the water from the third party?
United Utilities charge £1.832 per cubic meter of water (1000litres) plus £1.221 for drainage as they assume what enters your property ends up down the drain!
So a total of £3.053 per cubic meter (1000lts).
If you are trying to add your costs (membrane, filters, resin etc) then that's a bit more complex.
I’m using double di and down here the tape waters tds is low anyway (around 70-80) so I just use resin to filter no ro system

'Spotless Water' sell it for 3.5 p per litre plus vat. Search your nearest stockist.

Back