Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CRACKED NUT IN BAFFLED TANK

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sleight crack in the nut thats fabricated into the baffled tank, where you screw the tap into, fixable?
I would certainly try by liberally coating the male tap threads with Araldite and screwing the tap back in until it's correctly positioned but not tight. Allow time for the epoxy glue to set.
Hopefully, the glue will seal up the crack. It will certainly seal up the threads.

You will need to remove all traces of PTFE tape and the components must be totally dry before using Araldite.

This will probably mean doing the job outside the van with the tank upright sitting on it's opposite end.

You could possibly do it in the van, but again, the tank would need to be drained and then raised to ensure no water contaminates the threads. You will need to raise it anyway to remove and replace the tap.

I would certainly try by liberally coating the male tap threads with Araldite and screwing the tap back in until it's correctly positioned but not tight. Allow time for the epoxy glue to set.
Hopefully, the glue will seal up the crack. It will certainly seal up the threads.

You will need to remove all traces of PTFE tape and the components must be totally dry before using Araldite.

This will probably mean doing the job outside the van with the tank upright sitting on it's opposite end.

You could possibly do it in the van, but again, the tank would need to be drained and then raised to ensure no water contaminates the threads. You will need to raise it anyway to remove and replace the tap.
that'll be my next step if the "flomasta,pipe thread seal" doesnt work. a chap on another forum suggested it. ive got some Araldite epoxy.

that'll be my next step if the "flomasta,pipe thread seal" doesnt work. a chap on another forum suggested it. ive got some Araldite epoxy.
If it's not made of poly prop plastic use cti works on wet surfaces even under water about £12 a tube mastic gun size. They use it on the leaking tanks and fittings at a aquarium attraction I do work for. These tanks hold hundreds of thousands of gallons.

Back