Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Ins.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

My van insurance has shot up £150 gladiator . any recomendations out there for dispatch with 500 ltr tank . i can get insurance for £280 but thats without seeing if the price will go up with a water tank added . When you call them they sound baffled as they havent come across this request before

My van insurance has shot up £150 gladiator . any recomendations out there for dispatch with 500 ltr tank . i can get insurance for £280 but thats without seeing if the price will go up with a water tank added . When you call them they sound baffled as they havent come across this request before
Aviva. Do not except their first estimate. Ask to be put through to the retention centre and chip away at them.

I’m got mine through Hastings Direct. Was under £500. Tried A Plan first on Squeaky Dave’s recommendation and they quoted me £1500 the rip off merchants. I don’t have a fitted tank though. Just a few 25litre barrels with me. So will prob differ.

I’ve been thinking on this one for sometime now.
In my eyes if you have a cage bolted down professionally with spreader plates, high tensile bolts etc it’s safer.
But insurance wise I’m guessing it’s a modification and causes an uplift in policy price.
I have a Bipper with a 350 litre flat tank. The wheel arches hold it sideways but there’s only a bulkhead between me and lot of force in a shunt.
Anyone know how much having the tank bolted down raised the premium, thanks.

Try Alexander swan

Admiral is who I'm with and have been for around 3-4 years but don't go online and do a quote get on the phone and explain that you have a wfp system fitted they'll fully understand and it will be written on your policy in black and white I pay £330 a year, I have 350ltr PureFreedom system fitted in my 64 plate Combo

they have always come up with the cheapest price for me others have wanted in excess of £1k :ROFLMAO:

Admiral is who I'm with and have been for around 3-4 years but don't go online and do a quote get on the phone and explain that you have a wfp system fitted they'll fully understand and it will be written on your policy in black and white I pay £330 a year, I have 350ltr PureFreedom system fitted in my 64 plate Combo

they have always come up with the cheapest price for me others have wanted in excess of £1k :ROFLMAO:
I’m with admiral and I have to call them because we have a car on the policy as well as the vans. When I originally started with them I did the quote online. Their online quote system allows you to add water tank to the quote. They’re the only one I know that do. Does yours say water tank or water fed pole system do you know?

I’m with admiral and I have to call them because we have a car on the policy as well as the vans. When I originally started with them I did the quote online. Their online quote system allows you to add water tank to the quote. They’re the only one I know that do. Does yours say water tank or water fed pole system do you know?
Off the top of my head it's 350ltr water tank, but I'll have to have a look later today

when getting your online quotes search in the modification sections when filling it in click on them all to see it there usually at the bottom when scrolling down the modification list .
got mine with churchill. £420 dispatch 2009
saved £25. not much but still a saving everything on except breakdown cover.

Mine just says water tank. They weren’t even interested when I told them about the heater etc ??‍♂️
Mine is the same Water tank, Interior changes but at least they know they are aware of the tank as we have declared the modification and as we trade as window cleaners it's obvious what we have in so in the event of a claim we are covered.

I was with A-Plan years ago it was never on the documents that I had a tank, whenever I asked they just said don't worry we have a special relationship with the insurers around 5 years ago I spoke to another insurance broker and they said the way I and my wife had been insured they wouldn't cover me so it got me thinking where A Plan bull :poop:ing me I questioned them again and I got the feeling they were been a tad dishonest and at that point, I lost complete faith in them and cancelled 3 policies with them and have been with Admiral ever since

they have always come up with the cheapest price for me others have wanted in excess of
Exactly the same for me. Although it worked online. Water tank declared, same price as you for a 15 plate partner with a 350 litre tank. Admiral have been good.

Back