Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Crash tested systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Usually with van mounted systems there is a booster pump before R/O and the water is filtered into the tank. You will then have 2 seperate pumps supplying to brush
sorry for being stupid lol so do you have to connect your tap at house to the booster then into tank,then tank to di to pole?
When i worked for a crowd called amber solutions all i had to do was put tap water into tank then it came out pure lol
There was an ro an di in van?

Do you have a booster pump before your ro pj?or what way does the setup work?
Do you put tap water into your tank then pump it to ro?
Mine has a booster pump before the ros it has the filtration listed below
5 micron sediment pre filter
carbon sediment filter
5 micron filter
water softener
booster pump
twin 4040 ros
25 ltr di
pure goes straight into the tank so tank water is 100% pure , hope this makes sense

Mine has a booster pump before the ros it has the filtration listed below
5 micron sediment pre filter
carbon sediment filter
5 micron filter
water softener
booster pump
twin 4040 ros
25 ltr di
pure goes straight into the tank so tank water is 100% pure , hope this makes sense
Yeah it does pjj,so you just plug your tap/hose to the van in the morning an fill before you head out?

Thanks for explaing the b2b master.
So do you have two pumps then,one to pump through di an into tank then one to pull out of tank into brush?
No as my setup is DI only there’s no need for a booster pump so it’s just tap pressure through the resin vessel and into the tank. I then have a single pump for my pole (space for another one but don’t need it).

No as my setup is DI only there’s no need for a booster pump so it’s just tap pressure through the resin vessel and into the tank. I then have a single pump for my pole (space for another one but don’t need it).
Interested as to why you pump through the di from your tap into the tank mate?
Is it better doing it that way than water straight into tank and then pump through the di to the hose reel?
I’m just asking as I’m currently not on mains water so can’t pump straight through the di. So I put mine straight into the tank from 3000 litre holding containers and then pump through the di once I’m on the jobs.
I will be on mains water in a few weeks when I move so interested to know if there’s a difference between the two. Ie is one way better than another?

Is it better doing it that way than water straight into tank and then pump through the di to the hose reel?
I’m just asking as I’m currently not on mains water so can’t pump straight through the di. So I put mine straight into the tank from 3000 litre holding containers and then pump through the di once I’m on the jobs.
I will be on mains water in a few weeks when I move so interested to know if there’s a difference between the two. Ie is one way better than another?
You have a potential problem if your resin isn't working. Doing it from tap to tank you can monitor it. At start, halfway and finish, unless you're a rare breed that is diligent enough to check regularly during the day you could be cleaning windows with something not much better than tap water.

Thanks for all the replys lads.
Im trying to workout the setup that was in my work van,sureclean ro an di,tap water into tank then comes out pure,there had to of been a booster pump in the van to put it through the 4040 though i never seen it.
I thought it was a great setup,as i done lots of big commercial jobs an only had to fill the tank with tap water,an it always came out at 00ppm?

You have a potential problem if your resin isn't working. Doing it from tap to tank you can monitor it. At start, halfway and finish, unless you're a rare breed that is diligent enough to check regularly during the day you could be cleaning windows with something not much better than tap water.
Fair point. I only use rainwater at the moment so it’s never higher than 009 before it goes through the di but when I move it will be 60. How long does it take to fill up say 500 litres from a tap through di into the tank? I know there are variables such as tap pressure but roughly?

Do you have a booster pump before your ro pj?or what way does the setup work?
Do you put tap water into your tank then pump it to ro?
We process water at home and transfer pure water to the van. At one time we had 3 cleaners drawing water. It made sense to me to put the pure after r/o through di before storage into my IBC tank. This saved having 1 di vessel on each of the 3 vans.

I have never heard of anyone filling their tank with tap water and then processing that water through an r/o. If you only use a di to purify your water, then I can understand those who have a di vessel on the van if you have to top up during the day using tap water. However, most carry enough water to do a day's work, so most purify their water with di as they fill their tank.

We only had 1 job where water became critical at the end of the day. My son would get through his 500 litres by early afternoon, and then transfer onto my van. Toward then end of the day, my tank would be empty. If we still needed water, then I could have just driven home at lunchtime and filled my tank. The job was 1/2 a mile from home. At 16:30 when we were out of water, it was time to go home, even though there were a lot of daylight hours left in the summer when we did the job.

Fair point. I only use rainwater at the moment so it’s never higher than 009 before it goes through the di but when I move it will be 60. How long does it take to fill up say 500 litres from a tap through di into the tank? I know there are variables such as tap pressure but roughly?
Depends totally on tap pressure but our tap is 36ppm so I use double di then tank it only takes a half hour to fill 500 liters I can also use customers garden taps if a want to top up whilst out I've known most of my customers 20 + years

Depends totally on tap pressure but our tap is 36ppm so I use double di then tank it only takes a half hour to fill 500 liters I can also use customers garden taps if a want to top up whilst out I've known most of my customers 20 + years
Thanks for that ?

Iv been thinking alot the past few months after reading a few stories about window cleaners killed in acceidents in there vans
Are these tanks that are fixed in with frames really safe?
Say a 500litre tank bolted in properperly in a crash will it hold an not come flying into the front,stupid question but iv actually changed my setup last week,i now have my tank in a newly refurbished trailer,my poles an stuff fit inside an an i use a sureflow pump box if it ever gets icy i can take the stuff out.
My work is really compact an i dont drive far but its actually alot less hassle to have everything in my trailer,an parking aint an issue.
So will these bolted systems hold in the event of a ssrious crash?
Im heading out with the children for a while will pop back later an read the replys thanks
Hi francie,
It is great to know that you use a sureflow pump box as i really like using that too! I also recommend using a iron frame for your car as it is stronger and it won't break or damage when you are driving. Hope you and your kids had a lot of fun!

Paul

We process water at home and transfer pure water to the van. At one time we had 3 cleaners drawing water. It made sense to me to put the pure after r/o through di before storage into my IBC tank. This saved having 1 di vessel on each of the 3 vans.

I have never heard of anyone filling their tank with tap water and then processing that water through an r/o. If you only use a di to purify your water, then I can understand those who have a di vessel on the van if you have to top up during the day using tap water. However, most carry enough water to do a day's work, so most purify their water with di as they fill their tank.

We only had 1 job where water became critical at the end of the day. My son would get through his 500 litres by early afternoon, and then transfer onto my van. Toward then end of the day, my tank would be empty. If we still needed water, then I could have just driven home at lunchtime and filled my tank. The job was 1/2 a mile from home. At 16:30 when we were out of water, it was time to go home, even though there were a lot of daylight hours left in the summer when we did the job.
Thank you spruce.
Im starting to wonder about the system that was in back of my old work van,it was a good system to be fair always 0ppm an good pressure at the brush,i had a few regular 60footers an no problem,it was always tap water i put in tank as i took the van home because headquarters was in Belfast an im from Derry.
I worked all over the nw of Ireland an had to refill sometimes on the job as there were alot of big jobs an i was on my own.
Come to think of it the size of the places i used to do on my own lol massive

My first tank I put tap water in as I only had a van so meant I could double excess water at weekends / long trips without wasting money. However, with my current van we needed to fill a backpack and it’s a lot quicker doing that with a 3/4" outlet hose rather than using the pump. ?

Hi francie,
It is great to know that you use a sureflow pump box as i really like using that too! I also recommend using a iron frame for your car as it is stronger and it won't break or damage when you are driving. Hope you and your kids had a lot of fun!

Paul
Hello paul iv actually switched all my stuff into my trailer again,far handier for me as i can leave it at the side of my house,sureclean pump box is a good job going rightly for me.

Latest Posts

Back