Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheeky *****

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joe

Im actually fuming, it takes a lot to **** me off, but i do well advertising on Facebook & have a sort of arrangement with the group admins that im the only one on there.

Someone was asking about the window cleaning company who advertise so a few people ponted them in my direction. I went today and quoted the job, they are happy with the price at every 6 weeks. Now this other windy has posted on my comment blatantly trying to steal customers by saying theyve got the cheapest rates around. I thought it was pretty obvious its a done deal so why get involved? Grrrrrr!

I got a customer from Facebook and when I cleaned her windows she said a different windy pm her telling he'd do them cheaper... Still cleaning her now for about 7 months /emoticons/smile.png

If customers prefer cheaper then quality then dont be bothered mate /emoticons/tongue.png

I had a custy of Facebook I priced her house at £6, she messages me saying this other fella is going to do it for £5 stupid cow

Cheers Boys, its not so much loosing the customers im worried about, its the cheek of the other windy!

If they swap for the sake of a pound their not worth having. FaceBook is a funny old place but I think most people see through guys trying to poach customers. just get the group to post again and bury his post. I think you can block people posting on your pages worth looking into. at the end of the day healthy competition does no one any harm and tell others of the extra services you provide.

if people are swopping cleaners over a quid its not worth having them on your book as soon as the next cleaner knocks their door they will swop,if the other guy wants to go and clean for a fiver good luck,at least while he is doing that he is not cleaning the better priced work in the area

Cheers Boys, its not so much loosing the customers im worried about, its the cheek of the other windy!
There was one other window cleaner on all the sales grups I was in (over 35) I offered a free gutter clean for every new customer. Only 2 people took me up on it, I also offered 50% off your first clean at different times. I never seen the other window cleaner ever since. I think most stay of facebook because the majority of them are working illegaly.

Just now theres a guy doing pressure washing on there, hes just stupid. Hes went in there offering 1.00 per m2. If the guy done some research he would realise people are charging 3x+ that.

Dont worry about losing customers just remember when u lsoe a customer your round is always improving... soon you will havea very good round with good payers /emoticons/smile.png

its part of the game

Back