Customer tirade

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Shiny, Nov 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

#1 Shiny, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    So no work today because of the rain, just had 3 houses to collect from yesterday, all 3 are 5 minutes drive fro where I live so 5.45pm off I go. First 2 collected I go for the last one £12 job, knock on the door, conversation goes like this:
    Me: hi
    Custy: (stood there with purse in hand) oh your gunna hate me just opened me purse and I have know money and he's not home till 7
    Me: (smiling) oh it's ok love
    Custy: I am really sorry
    Me: don't worry about it, is it alright if I call tomorrow for it?
    Custy: Well I ve never had a problem with other window cleaners they just collect it next time, ( now voice starts to raise angry tone) you've never had a problem getting paid before I tell you what I'll leave money under the mat tomorrow and don't bother coming back to clean my windows anymore
    Me: sorry if I offended you, it was nt intended, I am just trying to get the money in for the work I ve done this week. Some weeks with job you end up with more money out than in...but if it's a problem
    Custy: thats not my problem (angry voice)
    Me: well it's becauce customers don't pay me each week that I end up with more money out than in (calm on the outside)
    Custy: pick yea money up tomorrow from under the mat and don't bother coming back
    Me:eek:k

To be fair she as always paid, they seem to be quite well off house, car ect but I suppose you never know? so what was that all about I only asked if I could call tomorrow for it?
    Best of it is I've spent today designing some new "I've cleaned your windows slips" offering different ways to pay ect in order to get money in when I've done the work....
    Although I kept calm through it underneath I was boiling....anyone else had this...? been doing her windows for about a year now

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You little sweet talker you :D

3. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

I am aren't I G-) just could'nt understand the out burst when all I said was can I call tomorrow for it?
    Anyway decided new regime for shiny if you don't pay same week your dumped...lol at the end of the day Suppliers don't give me credit

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's just women for you bud...strange creatures at the best of times but when they have no money turn into raving beasties.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I was paid in 5 and 10 pence coins once for a £10 job. So I stood there and counted it to make sure I wasn't short changed.:D

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Like someone said in here before you don't take a car to the garage and say fix it and then pop round my house sometime and see if i am in and can pay you
    These people take the ******* piss
    It is your life they are ******* with
    **** her mate

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Wow! On the pop are we...:cheers:

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sorry mate
    Had a bit of a runaround for payment for a 25 quid job today and venting steam a bit

9. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I must tell the Tesco driver when he comes round with our shopping to get the money next time off me - yeah right!

I have had custys make stupid comments and decisions based on who knows what, just like your customer. Don't you fret, she is the one with the problem, not you. I won't even collect, I've already done my job, it's up to the custy to pay in a reasonable time. So, you did her the favour, collecting the money. Just be glad that she is gone - who knows what she might expect from the next window cleaner.

There is no rhyme nor reason with some people.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Had one pay me for a £10 job not long ago with, £5 note, 4 £1 coins, a 50p and 3 20p coins. I said 'do you want the 10p change?' Yes please she said, so of I go to the van to fumble through the loose change in the ashtray to find 10p to give her. Nowt queer as folk :D

Advertisement