Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi everyone. Another new one ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Some good food for thought there.

Luckily I do have a lot of customer service and sales experience, so that part doesn't worry me. I'll need a little time to work out my chat, but I know I'll get there with that. 

I do have an issue with being too much of a perfectionist. I'll have to keep that in check, I often get behind in my job because I want to do everything to a standard I'm happy with. I know it's wrong.

I guess really what I should be looking for is a standard slightly higher than the majority of the competition? And by standard I mean in all aspects, dress, reliability, customer service, quality of work etc. 

I like the story about the £2 guy. He sounds like a character. Not sure I'd like to be a person who just says "that's what you get for £2" I think it would make me feel terrible. I guess some people are like that. How long does it take him to do each house then? How fast can a good guy clean two windows and a door?
I don't know as I've never watched him. In the main the top window is above the lounge window and the door is to the side. I'm told he just does a row of a few top windows then lowers his pole to do the lower run. He doesn't care if the top window is still dripping down onto the window below. In 9 out of 10 times it will dry OK anyway. It's all about speed. Lowering and raising a pole for every front house done individually slows us down as it would him.

I'll keep that in mind thanks, it's a good point.

I'm lucky in that increasing / reducing my hours is very easy in my job as it's very flexible. 

I'm hoping that I can do half as well as hwcs, his thread was inspirational. He worked so hard. Until Jan next year I have a lot of childcare commitments, so I only have a solid 2 days a week. After Jan they are going to school, so I'm going to have a lot more working hours available.
Im massively flatteterd by this comment and glad my thread has been a help and people are getting ideas from it.

If i can be of any help just gimme a shout, im still learning every day and i stand by the saying "most of these guys on the forum have forgotten more than ill ever know" 

That's the window, window frame, window sill. Otherwise you clean glass and are a glass cleaner not a window cleaner.
The EU that Britain was once a member of formed a committee to stipulate what a window is. They concluded that it consisted of the complete window frame, the glass and the sill. 

They then put their conclusion into a document that was circulated to all member countries for future reference.

So now we are left in no doubt as to what a window is. ?

I'm sure they would also have done the same for a door. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back