Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customers getting too friendly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The good thing about being friendly with customers is if you have a problem or can't be arsed to do a job you have already arranged then just a quick text or ring to say "oops such and such has just broken" or some other excuse and they are sweet

They understand things happen sometimes and always happy to re arrange rather than getting the hump

However i don't let customers put me off without a good reason lol

Fair play to you for using yours mate. I'd be dead after a day of using it. I was achey enough after using the SLX on that job I told you about yesterday.

Bleedin wuss:p

Need to get to the gym lol

I did this one with my heavy beast the other week up cleveland way

All plastic and glass plus conny roof front was bad also

Ached a bit after that

View attachment 5932

I did have a problem with my neck a few weeks ago after doing a few jobs like that in 1 week

Did both of these with big connys on the back together and that was the straw that broke the camels back

Needed to take it easy for a few daysView attachment 5933

The other good reason for getting on with your customers is you can use them. I've become matey with a plumber on my round so got him to install a walk in shower in our en-suite and he done a blinding job at a good price :thumbsup:

I talk to other windies which slows me down
You'll like this one @daveyboy1. I get a phone call back start of last year to go and quote a job. I pull up all excited as it's less than 2 minutes from my house. I quote a price, (thinking hmmm these are clean windows) and the customer says 'that's great, can you add me on, also my neighbors want a quote too' Woo hoo, 4 in a row.

So I'm on the job and this windy walks past us towing a trolley system and starts chinwagging so we take 2 mins and have a polite chat, He goes to a house next to the end where I picked up the 4 and does that and leaves.

I get chatting to the customers and ALL of them used to use this guy and decided to ditch him cause he is in their words 'A WIERDO'

A year goes by and I am on the other side of my patch and low and behold there is the same window cleaner, he opens with the usual 'long time no see blah blah' and i'm thinking who is this guy? Then the brain clicks, so were chatting away, he asks, 'still doing Foxhill Road?' 'Yes', I reply, 'Sorry about those ones that left you that I picked up' with as much sincerity as I could muster, (now we are talking about a road that I have so well sewn up that I spend 1 1/2 days per month just on that road with over 40 customers on it)

'Oh no, not my customers' he says, 'I've never lost a customer on Foxhill' (now two of the customers pointed him out so I know he's talking trips)

'In fact except for those couple you have at the top of the road the rest of it is all done by me and one other cleaner' he tells me (now I know he's talking BS as there are 118 houses, I have over 40 so that leaves 70 let's say, at least half of those are minging as I keep my eye on them so I can try to sign them up, and there is another lad with perhaps 15 so that leaves at the max 20 possible customers he could have on this road, yest I see those divided up between three or 4 guys)

Change of topic, I think, so I look behind him and notice the battered old transit has gone and he's got a nice new Vivaro on a 16 plate.

'Well nice to see you doing well' I said 'like the new wheels'

'Oh yes, thought I'd treat myself' he replies

'What did that set you back?' I ask (i could find this information in 30 seconds on a smart phone)

'Oh i'm not telling you, you'll have to find out for yourself' he replies all dead pan.

'OK see you round' as I walk off thinking '**** HEAD'

Nowt stranger than folk.

The other good reason for getting on with your customers is you can use them. I've become matey with a plumber on my round so got him to install a walk in shower in our en-suite and he done a blinding job at a good price :thumbsup:
Aren't all showers, 'walk in'??

Back