Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers that dont want to pay

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hmm, yes , you do get them....and sometimes just ditching them is not as easy as you would think.....well you then risk them bringing in another windowcleaner which may be right amongst your work....i have one at the moment, only seven quid....but i just do it when i feel i have the time as she is out and will keep going back but it is a pain......

iv got a customer at the minute as she is a full blown hassle im not interested in cleaning her windows any more as im sick of chasing the money in 9 years of window cleaning iv never encountered such a bad paying customer, just after my payment then will gladly take her off my books iv been to collect on Friday apparently she didn't i no i was coming even though i left a card saying will be collecting she conveniently had no moneys so asked me to come back monday which i did again no monies il pay online now she says and no money was received, iv texted yesterday to say the payment not been received with no reply iv been out again today she wasnt in so rang and on the 3rd attemp got a answer she said will pay online tonight and let me no when its done and its still not sorted so iv text a hour ago giving all payment details bacs, paypal website etc with no reply so just wondering how you lot would deal with this as im beginning to lose patience. just to clarify its not about the money its about principles as she is blatantly trying it on

you are too patient

when I don't get an answer from customer I assume they don't need my services - and i cross em off my list . Never contact them again unless they do . There are plenty of customers who need attention why should we waste our time with a bad payer : )

you are too patient
when I don't get an answer from customer I assume they don't need my services - and i cross em off my list . Never contact them again unless they do . There are plenty of customers who need attention why should we waste our time with a bad payer : )
i get what you saying and iv took a few losses over my time and walked away this one was about about principle tho i new what she was blatantly trying to do and the reason i was so persistent was because a canvasser picked this job up for me so it had cost me money to clean her windows up until she paid me for the 5 cleans soon as i got that iv walked away.

i got my £7 so i happy.....i really am scared of going to the door...but she was as nice as pie and just went and got it..for the first time ever..but what will i do next time....dare i do it again....but i am lucky most of my customers are great and cant wait to pay...most of em....

stock-photo-background-of-fresh-eggs-for-sale-at-a-market-106377050.jpg
these all ways come in handy for them jobs:D

Im sorry to say you have brought this on yourself.

Firstly google a company called "Thomas Higgins" i think they are solicitors, you can , i believe, download a debt chasing letter for £2.00, send her that.

Secondly, i believe this is the best advice you will ever get................ONE CLEAN..ONE PAYMENT, NO PAYMENT..NO SECOND CLEAN...simples

Alright guys, think I've got myself my first non payer. Pretty annoyed about it as the house is a £30er, but I only charge £25 for it. I'm not the sort to take this kind of thing well, so hes going to get a visit. I'm thinking 'hot day- no squeegee' might be the best route here if hes not in. Really ****** off if I'm honest.

yeh its not so much the money as the principal...bet they drive around in nice cars too...all mine except the one seem to be okay ...and that one was just left last time....some people...grrrrrrr

mind you i do have a few that i have been back to three plus times and still no luck...and they will probably moan i haven't cleaned them for a while.....i haven't been paid for a while either../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back