Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cutting channels at an angle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Regarding your pic; the middle one - is that stainless, and what rubber is it?
It is stainless unger and unger soft rubber

Got a couple of ettore ones now which are working well

I did a cheeky little half day on the windows today with my pointy channel. After a shaky start on the first house, I began to really like it. Its ease of use in the corners is second to none. I'm going to play about with it a bit more as I think it can be better- probably going to round the corners off more, as its catching the window rubber and plastic more then I'm comfortable with. I'll probably cut a few more down today. :thumbsup:

Daveyboy, do u carry 5 squeegees at once? if so what do u use? I love the sorbo double holster.

I have an old holster..no idea what make with a 16 and 14 in

12 and 10 in boab

in the bucket i have my 0°

one the width of the handle for.wiping dirty sill with an old rubber in it in my sill cloth compartment of pouch and and custom 5.5 ish inch in the loop sown on the front of it

So 6 on me and 1 in bucket

Nice sounding set up, is 16" ur biggest then? Dnt u keepne of those sorbo eliminators on ur back in a Samari sword style?

I use a ninja boab with a 12 & 14 in it mostly.

And i have a 6 in the front loop of my ungertec pouch, so its always handy if needed for small panes.

If doing a job with large windows or shop fronts, then i swap my 18 into the boab with one of the smaller ones as required.

I have a few channels, all unger s/s.

I dont have any need to carry all my channels at once, thats what the van is for.

I keep all my spare channels and handles etc in a long plastic tray in the van, it is actually one of those wallpapering trays, ideal for me.

I just hate when you are doing a job and think i need that where is it

Doh it's in the motor

:thumbsdown: Have you noticed how most americans (on you tube etc) always go for a big tool belt with half the contents of their van hanging off it?

Whenever you see a diy bloke on tv, if he is from the USA , he will almost certainly have one of those tool belts with loads of stuff on it.

Whereas in the UK very few builders or DIYers would do this.

Ive often wondered why this is.

Could it be that in america they have so much more space that they can afford all the extra room that they will take up with all those tools hanging off, whereas here all our rooms and areas are so much smaller, and therefore wearing a massive toolbelt is not possible.

What dya think?

(Sorry for rambling off topic)

:thumbsdown: Have you noticed how most americans (on you tube etc) always go for a big tool belt with half the contents of their van hanging off it?Whenever you see a diy bloke on tv, if he is from the USA , he will almost certainly have one of those tool belts with loads of stuff on it.

Whereas in the UK very few builders or DIYers would do this.

Ive often wondered why this is.

Could it be that in america they have so much more space that they can afford all the extra room that they will take up with all those tools hanging off, whereas here all our rooms and areas are so much smaller, and therefore wearing a massive toolbelt is not possible.

What dya think?

(Sorry for rambling off topic)
I know exactly what you mean. I think Americans are gear junkies in every hobby, sport, or trade. And as soon as they make it on youtube, they all feel the need to make enormous organised tool boxes full of the stuff. Theres on guy on youtube that springs to mind that is trad, and has a van that is just chock full of gear. But one thing I noticed about all his gear is just how clean, new, and unscratched it is,which suggests to me that it doesn't get as much use as it should. There was one guy on youtube I saw that even carried a mini prybar, screw driver and other tools in his work belt.... in the comments below someone wrote; "Are you planning on cleaning the windows or fitting them?" :laugh:

Nutters the lot of em

I have 6 squeegees on me while working and still only have 1 pouch 1 holster 1 boab and a bottle pouch

They must spend more than they earn on tools

Nutters the lot of emI have 6 squeegees on me while working and still only have 1 pouch 1 holster 1 boab and a bottle pouch

They must spend more than they earn on tools
I'm still looking to make some changes to my belt so that I can have an 18 and 16 with me for the bigger stuff. Decided against the BOAB, but thinking of getting one of those sorbo double holsters, as it would work well with the very big shop front squeegees.

How does that guy get through doorways with all that stuff on his tool belt.

He may as well put his coffee flask and a 25 litre water barrel onto the belt as well

How does that guy get through doorways with all that stuff on his tool belt.He may as well put his coffee flask and a 25 litre water barrel onto the belt as well
Just so much unnecassary **** on that belt weighing him down all day. I lose confidence in some of these youtube stars when I see stuff like this.

I know i have a few squeegees on my belt but they are used all day

How much of that stuff never gets used do you reckon??60%

I remember when i started (just about) i had a 12" squeegee and applicator in a boab

2 vinyl pouches (1 for scrim, 1 for sill cloth) and a scraper

That was fine for years

I'm still looking to make some changes to my belt so that I can have an 18 and 16 with me for the bigger stuff. Decided against the BOAB, but thinking of getting one of those sorbo double holsters, as it would work well with the very big shop front squeegees.

Since i brought that double sorbo holster i wouldnt dream of taking it off. Highly recommend it.

Back