Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

drinking water after di

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Apparently not.

It's not good for you. Plus DI resin Isn't "food grade" and rated accordingly.

I knew of someone who did drink it for about a week, and he had an upset stomach for a while.

I don't know if 'food grade' is key. You can drink lake water and the 'graders' probably aint been round with their clip board to check it out.

I have drunk Di water before, on a hot day as a quick refresher when my Mineral water is out but we are only talking a few swallows. Doubt it will kill you and I had no side effects from it but other than taking the edge off a thirst I probably wouldnt recommend it as part of a staple diet.

After the r/o - yes. After di? I won't unless I was dying of thirst in the desert.

It doesn't taste good - I've drunk it. I'm still alive and I didn't suffer any short term health effects, but the resin is a mixture of chemicals so would be very cautious. but this opinion isn't based on fact.

At one time RoMan used to supply a resin that was FDA approved, but the stuff we buy now isn't. I know that stuff was safe for fish as we were using our water to fill a leaking fish pond during winter about 6 years ago when the house next door to my son was repossessed and the owner just left the fish. We topped it up with 1000 litres of pure each weekend.

We weren't allowed to touch the fish as they were the property of the bank and the RSPCA wouldn't get involved. Eventually the house was sold and the new owner found a new home for the fish which saved us having to keep filling the pond.

I don't know if 'food grade' is key. You can drink lake water and the 'graders' probably aint been round with their clip board to check it out.
I have drunk Di water before, on a hot day as a quick refresher when my Mineral water is out but we are only talking a few swallows. Doubt it will kill you and I had no side effects from it but other than taking the edge off a thirst I probably wouldnt recommend it as part of a staple diet.
:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back