Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filtered drinking water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Want to stop drinking rotten tap water, friend of mine has this...

Finerfilters 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System with Booster Pump (50GPD) for Under Sink Home Domestic, Removes up to 99% of Contaminants and Remineralises to Replenish Essential Minerals https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0798T4RTF?tag=wcf01-21

Is this good? Is there a better version out there? Said it works perfect so happy to get that unless any better suggestions :)

Thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you actually suggesting getting that as a drinking water producer? I'm genuinely not sure. Can't you just buy a Brita or something? Seems a noisy, expensive and wasteful way to produce drinking water to me (i.e. take out salt and then put it back in). To each his own I guess. Not trying to be funny or confrontational, just don't understand.

Look into the equilibrium thing of ro water first before drinking it, the occasional glass not really a problem but drink it regularly it will pull your body’s minerals & nutrients with it on its way out, that’s why it’s brilliant for trapping & pulling dirt particles off windows
I know a little on this as I rent out & maintain plumbed in water dispensers, I have one in my own kitchen it has dual filters & uv sterilisation and that’s plenty clean enough for drinking water

Attachments

• 8F8843BC-EC7B-483C-82AC-3A78DF35EE5B.jpeg
    8F8843BC-EC7B-483C-82AC-3A78DF35EE5B.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 6
Want to stop drinking rotten tap water, friend of mine has this...

Finerfilters 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System with Booster Pump (50GPD) for Under Sink Home Domestic, Removes up to 99% of Contaminants and Remineralises to Replenish Essential Minerals https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0798T4RTF?tag=wcf01-21

Is this good? Is there a better version out there? Said it works perfect so happy to get that unless any better suggestions :)

Thanks!

American kitchen owners prefer to use a Pentair PRF_RO reverse osmosis system as a third tap (GAPS Water sell them) as they are plug and play. However, the point made by @RickyG is very valid about pure water stripping minerals from your body.

"There are both advantages and disadvantages to installing and/or drinking RO water. Living in an area with numerous water quality issues or specific types of contamination in the water sources is enough reason to consider an RO system or at least a water purification solution that does more than a standard carbon filter. The health effects of heavy metals, chemical run-off, and other toxic impurities can be substantial.
In addition, there is a side effect on the purified water from an RO system: the low mineral content causes purified water to leach minerals from the human body. Even a high-quality RO purifier with a remineralization add-on won't add every beneficial mineral found in healthy American alkaline water back into the treated water. Once again, according to a WHO report, "possibly none of the commonly used ways of remineralization could be considered optimum since the water does not contain all of its beneficial components. In the case of borderline deficiency of a given element, even the relatively low intake of the element with drinking water may play a relevant protective role."

These r/o's with a tank take up a lot of cupboard space. We know ourselves, changing prefilters and membranes can be very messy.

The other point to think about is that the sale and use of carbon filters is banned in the state of California. On the back of a Pentair Fiberdyne filter is the following warning. "California Proposition 65 Warning. This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Scan_20240123_075728.jpg
Unfortunately even the sale of ordinary water filters in California is banned. This article throws some light onto the subject.

I can understand why the marketing gurus push sales of water filtration, especially on the back of the 'fluoride being added to drinking water' debate. Removing chlorine from the water supply is another contentious issue.

Attachments

• 9241593989_eng.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Water can be remineralized by adding trace mineral drops or Himalayan Sea salt to drinking water
You can buy one of these 4 prong testers of Ebay for a tenner. I bought one and tested mine my TDS is 70.

Was filthy as was all the mineral water I tested from Tesco/Aldi.

This guy shows you his results -

Are you actually suggesting getting that as a drinking water producer? I'm genuinely not sure. Can't you just buy a Brita or something? Seems a noisy, expensive and wasteful way to produce drinking water to me (i.e. take out salt and then put it back in). To each his own I guess. Not trying to be funny or confrontational, just don't understand.
Brita doesn't do bugger all lol we have one. Tap water is poison so rather have all the **** and chemicals filtered out. Health is more important than money so not fussed for the cost.

Not sure kids in Africa would agree that tap water is "poison". You're clearly far more worried about this issue than I am, though I can't work out why. We as a species have survived for a very long time without RO systems cleaning our water. Not trying to deride your opinion, just to remind you that we're in the fortunate position of being able to choose which water we drink. Good luck to you. :)

Not sure kids in Africa would agree that tap water is "poison". You're clearly far more worried about this issue than I am, though I can't work out why. We as a species have survived for a very long time without RO systems cleaning our water. Not trying to deride your opinion, just to remind you that we're in the fortunate position of being able to choose which water we drink. Good luck to you. :)
Not if you live in a hard water area it's horrible to drink, thankfully I live in a soft water area and the tap water is lovely

I don't know a lot about it, but I know that your body needs salt in order to retain the water you drink. If you were to drink only distilled water in a survival situation, you would still dehydrate. I don't know if it has to be in the water though or if you can get it from food. As for other minerals, I'd be interested to know whether they HAVE to be in the water or whether it's just supplementary.

Latest Posts

Back