Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

D I Vessel in van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

so it could have easily just needed filters changing ill try next time it creeps up . thats if i dont get a 4040 by then haha
Your carbon block filter removes chlorine from the water. Chlorine damages the membrane material. Once the membrane is damaged, changing the carbon block isn't going to fix the membrane.
You need to identify the service life of the carbon filter you are using and change it according to that service life. As @ched999uk says, a 10" Fiberdyne filter needs to be changed around every 2 months using his example. A cheap filter with a service life of 6000 litres would need to be changed once a week.

This is why it's important to identify your waste to pure ratio. Obviously you are going to use more water of the ratio is 3 to 1 as against 1 to 1.
This is why I have my r/o on a separate water meter so I know how much water is passing through the carbon filters. I have 20" prefilters and change my Fiberdyne filter when the filter has processed 77,000 liters of tap water.

Back