Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deep hatred of soffits/fascia cleaning. Easiest way to get job done?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wonderer99

Hey

So, windy for quite a few years now, established full time round. My partner will be joining me soon so expanding into gutter clearing. Predator kit ready to go. Have been asked by so many over the years that I will be off running with it straight away.

Here's the thing. I have always shied away from doing soffits and fascia's because I just don't enjoy doing it. The neck ache, awkwardness, time etc, just never wanted to undertake it. Now however, with the gutter clearing and windows I really cant get out of it anymore so I am looking to purchase whatever is needed to make the job a more pleasant and less taxing experience.

I know many will say the obvious..... suck it up buttercup and get scrubbing with a pole and sill brush but honestly , what options are there? The vast majority of my work is two to three storeys. The usual variation of house types. No commercial. I'm thinking toward pressure washers/sprayers etc. Bad idea? Dont shoot me ( I have read eough on forums to know I will get hung for asking) but would a Karcher K7 and a telescopic lance not suffice? It not like its going to be an all day long every day necessity.

On a side note get a lot of weatherboarding enquires as well so a two jobs one stone solution would be great. Money isn't an issue at this point, I just want to make the job as easy as possible.

Any advice would be most welcome. Kind regards

Rich

Xtreme poles and brushes makes f/s/g jobs easier plus charging a good price and only cleaning a few per month makes them more palatable....I use a backpack with chemicals if really bad and spread them out over the month so I'm not doing any more than one every day

I find they are OK to do physically and I'm not fit at all!!
I use Ubik at about 10:1 (10 parts water 1 part ubik) use a backpack to spray it on using 50 degree fan jet, let it soak for about 10 mins, they agitate with a supreme brush. Rinse off and go over with a microfibre on brush to remove any drips that would usually leave dirty marks.

Personally I would try and just book 1 in at a time - maybe Friday as the last job of the day. If you are not keen on them then charge significantly more than windows to make it worthwhile.

Can sometimes be half a day at same property empty gutters clean Con roof clean plastic then windows a good earner over a days pay for half a day’s work makes sense to me

Cheers guys. So what sprayers are folk using to apply chemicals to the soffits first? Telescopic lance sprayer or just a seperate WFP?

I usually use a few pair of ladders and a couple of ladder limbs. One with hot water, degreaser, 4 small scrub sponges and dry cloths, the other for clearing out the gutter. Place the ladders 3 feet apart and step across, means I can clean 3 metres at a time. Can do a front in less than an hour with great results. Folk see you cleaning one and before you know it a neighbour will be over to see how much you charge. I am more into roof spraying now with biocide or hypo, have 2 set up for this week.

Cheers guys. So what sprayers are folk using to apply chemicals to the soffits first? Telescopic lance sprayer or just a seperate WFP?
I use Gardiners single jet holder on one of my regular poles - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-single-jet-holder-connector.html
You can add it between your brush and gooseneck. I use a Gardiner backpack to feed the single jet holder with a 50 degree fan jet in - it gives a nice foam. I use a separate spare pole hose on the outside of my normal pole to feed the single jet. - It's quite quick to fit and remove.

Latest Posts

Back